Best 22 Pellet Rifle For Hunting in 2022
Haendler & Natermann Hornet Pointed Airgun Pellets, High-Impact, Super-Penetrating for Hunting.22 Caliber, 16 Grains (200 Count), Gray (PY-P-1206)
Gamo Swarm Magnum Swarm Magnum Air Rifle
- .22 Cal high power hunting single cocking break barrel air rifle, 1300 fps with PBA Platinum
- 10X Quick-Shot patent pending technology that utilizes a 10-round rotary-style magazine, providing faster loading for repetitive shooting. Simply break open the fluted polymer jacketed rifled steel barrel and fire for lightning-quick follow-up shots.
- Magnum-powered air rifle, 33 mm cylinder and IGT MACH 1. This gas piston is an upgrade from the IGT, delivers higher muzzle velocity while keeping the advantages of the IGT: durable, less vibration, and smooth cocking
- Whisper Fusion noise supressing technology, the quietest Gamo technology.
- Gamo 3-9x40 scope with RRR (Recoil Reducing Rail) - Absorbs the recoil of the rifle increasing the lifespan of the scope
- CAT (Custom Action Trigger) - Independently adjust 1st and 2nd stages, adjust your trigger to your personal preference, make it predictable. Comfortable all-weather synthetic ambidextrous thumbhole stock
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY. Made in Barcelona, Spain
Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle .177 Cal
- .177 Cal pellet single cocking break barrel
- The Varmint features a long lasting spring piston able to deliver 1250 fps of muzzle velocity with Gamo PBA Platinum pellets .177 Cal
- Fluted polymer jacketed rifled steel barrel. Grooved cylinder rail
- 4 x 32 Shockproof Scope. Gamo trigger with adjustable second stage. It has a synthetic ambidextrous all-weather stock with a rubber recoil pad. Lightweight design
- Noise dampening: None
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Made In Spain
H&N Terminator Hollowpoint Airgun Pellets, Stunning Accuracy and Deadly Force for Hunting, .22 Caliber 7.25/16.36 Grain (200 Count)
- SUPER ACCURATE: See why fans call the Terminator .22 “beautifully accurate” and “the most accurate pellets I’ve ever used.” The snug fit and precision of the Terminator delivers extreme accuracy every time, for a consistent, reliable shooting experience.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: The raised point in the center of the hollowpoint aids in penetration while the notched edges increase expansion, delivering a knockout punch to your target.
- PERFECT FOR HUNTING: The knockdown power and shock delivered by the partitioned hollowpoint means one shot is all you need to make a clean, humane kill: ideal for rabbits, squirrels, skunks, and other pests.
- EXCELLENT AT CLOSE RANGE: The H&N Terminator is capable of producing consistent and tight groups out to 50 yards.
- PRECISELY CRAFTED: Engineered and manufactured to exacting standards, each pellet is guaranteed for maximum quality and accuracy. Even the tin is carefully designed and crafted, with a screw-on lid to prevent accidental pellet spills.
Ruger Targis Hunter Max Pellet Gun Air Rifle with Scope, .22 Caliber and 3-9x32mm Scope
- Designed with the outdoorsman in mind and was made for getting out in the woods; Features an ergonomic all-weather stock
- Stock features checkered rubber inserts for a sure grip in hot or cold, wet or dry; Fitted with a comfortable rubber recoil butt pad
- Features the Umarex exclusive integral Nucleus Rail Platform engineered to reduce scope movement and vibration, preserving its zero shot after shot; Includes 3-9x32mm adjustable objective air rifle scope
- The 5-chamber SilencAir sound dampener is permanently affixed to the air rifle to reduce down range noise and maximize stealth
- Features a TNT (Turbo Nitrogen Technology) power system
Ruger Blackhawk Combo air rifle
- caliber: 0.177
- velocity: 1000.00 ft/sec
- Warranty: One year limited warranty
- Includes 4x32 Scope
H&N Baracuda Match Domed Airgun Pellets, Powerful and Super Accurate for Hunting, .22 Caliber, 21.14 Grains (200 Count)
- ULTRA POWERFUL: The Baracuda Match packs a punch! This pellet’s heavy weight and devastating dome shape give it remarkable knockdown power.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: The Baracuda Match is accuracy defined. Its snug fit inside the barrel of your . 22 cal airgun provides precision that makes it extremely accurate every time, for a consistent and reliable shooting experience.
- PERFECT FOR HUNTING: The Baracuda’s very heavy weight makes it ideal as a hunting pellet. One shot is all you need for pest control or hunting medium-sized game, including raccoon, hare, fox, squirrels and birds.
- EXCELLENT AT LONG RANGE: The Baracuda Match is designed for accuracy and knockdown power even at longer ranges, making it a powerful and versatile hunting pellet that delivers tight shot groups from afar.
- PRECISELY CRAFTED: Engineered and manufactured to exacting standards, each pellet is for maximum quality and accuracy. Even the container is carefully designed and crafted, with a screw-on lid to prevent accidental pellet spills.
Gamo Swarm Maxxim Air Rifle.177 Cal
- 10-Shot break barrel allows you to shoot up to ten pellets without reloading
- Velocity 1300 feet per second (fps) with PBA Platinum
- 3-9x40 Air Rifle Scope
- Inert Gas Technology (IGT)
- 2-Stage adjustable Custom Action Trigger (CAT)
- Fluted Polymer Jacketed Steel barrel with Whisper Maxim Technology
Gamo 611006875554 Swarm Whisper Air Rifle, .22 Caliber
Bear River Pellet Gun Air Rifle For Hunting Scope Included TPR 1200
- PERFECT FOR SMALL GAME HUNTING OR TARGET SHOOTING with high powered Break Barrel action for long range accuracy and consistency.
- USE YOUR CHOICE OF .177 CALIBER(4.5mm) PELLETS for tons of shooting fun with plenty of power for target shooting and small game hunting.
- ACCURATELY HIT YOUR TARGETS WITH A 18â Rifled Steel Barrel, included 4x32 Scope with Covers, and adjustable Fiber Optic Sights.
- INCREASE POWER AND CONSISTENCY with Spring Piston Technology and a smooth trigger pull. Includes a 6â picatinny rail for your choice of scope or accessories.
- SHOOT AMMO UP TO 1,300 FPS with premium pellets for maximum accuracy even at long range.
Rifle Review: Henry Repeating Arms .22 Caliber Lever-Action Rifle
Some rifles are all about fun. The Henry Repeating Arms .22 Lever-Action Rifle provides the look and feel of a classic western lever-action rifle in a perfect package for plinking.
I really like the shooting experience with the Henry Model H001. The little rifle has a good sight picture with an adjustable rear sight and a hooded front sight. The trigger pull improves accuracy by being safe, but fairly light, and smooth. A lever-action rifle lets you shoot rapidly while remaining involved in the process of chambering a round. Initially, I was ambivalent about tubular magazines and thought box magazines would be easier to load and handle. However, I found that I loved reloading my Henry. You just lower the hammer to the safe position on an empty chamber, twist the end of the tubular magazine, and pull it up and out a few inches, and start dropping in .22 long rifle cartridges. It's easy and you won't irritate the skin on your thumb as you would pushing cartridges into a box magazine. The Henry can hold up to 15 .22 LR rounds or 21 .22 shorts. This would be a great shooting gallery gun with .22 shorts. Best of all, since it is a .22, I can shoot for cheap.
In shooting the Henry, I found that my shots grouped well, but just a little left of the target at 25-yards or so. However, I also realized that the recession has left me out of practice. I was having a poor shooting day even when using my trusty Marlin 25N with a scope. The little Henry was far more accurate as a rifle than I was as a shooter. The trigger pull on the Henry was lighter than the trigger pull on the Marlin. While I'd hate to mess with the classic lines of the Henry .22, when I finally admit that my eyes are in their forties, there is a groove on the receiver for a rimfire scope. The lever worked well on the Henry and it was fun to crank out the shots. I put around 150 rounds through the little rifle and had no failures of any kind.
The only concern that I have about the Henry H001 Lever-Action is the lack of a modern push button safety. With the Henry you verify that the rifle is unloaded, pull the hammer back a little, and lower the hammer while pulling the trigger. While I'm sure that's the way John Wayne would have done it, if you are training kids with a .22, you might want a safety that is a little more obvious. For example, my Marlin 25N has clearly marked safe and fire positions. The considerably more expensive Marlin Model 39 has a push button safety that is obvious to the shooter or an adult supervising a young shooter.
Overall, I love my Henry Lever-Action .22 rifle. The rifle is my second Walmart gun purchase and I was very pleased. It's affordable, accurate, American-made, attractively designed, and authentically evocative of the Old West.
Henry Repeating Arms Company. (www.henryrepeating.com)
Marlin Firearms, Model 39 Manual. (www.marlinfirearms.com)
Other Articles by this Contributor:
BB Gun Review: The Daisy Red Ryder
Rifle Review: The Rossi Puma M92 SRC Lever Action Carbine
Four Fundamental Rules of Gun Safety