Best Air Rifle For Hunting Groundhogs in 2022
HATSON Model 135 Vortex Quiet Energy Break Barrel Air Rifle .25 Caliber 10.60" Single Shot Walnut Stock, Black
Umarex Legends Lever Action Cowboy Rifle .177 Caliber BB Gun Air Rifle
- Images of the Wild West come alive with the Legends Cowboy Lever Action Air Rifle from Umarex Airguns; Brings to life the classic arms of the past and stylized after the iconic Model 1894
- Loads and shoots in realistic fashion; Lever action spits shells when you operate the lever
- Shoots .177 caliber steel BBs from individual cartridges at up to 600 fps; Includes 10 BB cartridge casings
- Powered by two 12-gram CO2 cartridges housed in the stock (CO2 NOT included)
- Great for plinking, target practice, and reenactments; Features and adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight
H&N Terminator Hollowpoint Airgun Pellets, Stunning Accuracy and Deadly Force for Hunting, .22 Caliber 7.25/16.36 Grain (200 Count)
- SUPER ACCURATE: See why fans call the Terminator .22 “beautifully accurate” and “the most accurate pellets I’ve ever used.” The snug fit and precision of the Terminator delivers extreme accuracy every time, for a consistent, reliable shooting experience.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: The raised point in the center of the hollowpoint aids in penetration while the notched edges increase expansion, delivering a knockout punch to your target.
- PERFECT FOR HUNTING: The knockdown power and shock delivered by the partitioned hollowpoint means one shot is all you need to make a clean, humane kill: ideal for rabbits, squirrels, skunks, and other pests.
- EXCELLENT AT CLOSE RANGE: The H&N Terminator is capable of producing consistent and tight groups out to 50 yards.
- PRECISELY CRAFTED: Engineered and manufactured to exacting standards, each pellet is guaranteed for maximum quality and accuracy. Even the tin is carefully designed and crafted, with a screw-on lid to prevent accidental pellet spills.
H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme Hollowpoint Airgun Pellets, Deadly Accuracy for Hunting, .177 Caliber / 9.57 Grains (400 Count)
- SUPER ACCURATE: The snug fit and precision of the Baracuda Hunter Extreme .177 pellets makes them extremely accurate every time, for a consistent and reliable shooting experience.
- POWERFUL KNOCKDOWN: The Baracuda Hunter Extreme delivers devastating force in a small package. In fact, this .177 caliber performs like a .22 caliber pellet.
- PERFECT FOR HUNTING: The maximum shock effect delivered by the expanding hollowpoint means one shot is all you need: ideal for rabbits, squirrels, skunks, and other small game pests.
- EXCELLENT AT CLOSE RANGE: The Baracuda Hunter Extreme .177 is deadly accurate within 40 yards, making it ideal for backyard target shooting or vermin extermination.
- PRECISELY CRAFTED: Engineered and manufactured to exacting standards, each pellet is guaranteed for maximum quality and accuracy. Even the container is carefully designed and crafted, with a screw-on lid to prevent accidental pellet spills.
Gamo 63209295554 Combo Pack Assorted Air Rifle Pellets.22 Caliber (TS-22, Hunter, Magnum, Master Point)
- Combo pack contains 4 types of . 22 Caliber performance pellets
- 200 TS-22 22 grain Long Distance
- 250 Hunter 15; 43 grain Impact
- 250 Magnum 15; 43 grain Energy
- 250 Master Point 15; 43 grain Energy
H&N Sport 92426350003 H&N Hornet Pointed Airgun Pellets .25 Cal, Gray
- .25 Caliber 24.38 Grains
- Aerodynamic design
- Ideal for hunting small game at medium ranges
- Brass tipped pellets
- Medium weight design
Bushnell Engage Riflescope, 2.5-10x44mm, Matte Black
JSB Match Diabolo Exact, .35 Cal, 81.02 Grains, Domed, 100ct
- 81.02 grains
- 100 pellets
Daisy MFG 500CT .177Hollow Pellet
- Hollow point pellets
- 500 count pellets
- Packaged in a Tin container
- PrecisionMax Premium .177 cal. Hollow point design pellet
- 500 count per tin
- Exceptional quality for unmatched accuracy
- Ideal pellet for small game hunting
- Daisy quality and reliability
Do-All Outdoors - Lone Prairie Dog Self-Healing Target, Rated for .22 - .50 Caliber
Punxsutawney Phil and Brethren Inspire Visions of Cold, Hard Cash
No longer merely quaint prognosticators, groundhogs bring in tourist dollars.
The already famous Punxsutawney Phil, whose popularity surged when the movie Groundhog Day was released, has gone into hiding while Punxsutawney town officials prepare not merely for his February 2 prognositication of when winter will end but for a 4-day extravaganza involving massive souvenir sales, dining, drinking, dancing, music, and sales, sales, sales -- anything that can be tied to poor tired old Phil, who'd probably be just as happy snoozing in his den as panning for the cameras, is an occasion for commerce. Consider some of what Punxsutawney is offering in Punxsutawney Phil's name: Groundhog Wine Trail (Ever see a groundhog sip wine? No, didn't think so.); Groundhog Comedy Night Club (funny little groundhogs); Woodchuck Whittle Carving Show; Groundhog's Treasures and Craft Sale...Want to go for a Groundhog Jog? A Prognosicator's Ball?
By contrast to Punxsutawney Phil, Birmingham Bill lives in the Birmingham Zoo so doesn't stir up so much selling frenzy. But he does draw in zoo visitors for the zoo's Groundhog Day Celebration.
Jimmy the Groundhog is the marketing ploy of the Sun Prairie Groundhog Club and Chamber of Commerce. Sun Prairie has been trying to market itself as the ground hog capital of the world for some 50 years now, but seems to have run into a little competition from that Punxsutawney Phil guy. Sun Prairie's Jimmy invites his guests to a community breakfast, and souvenirs galore are available for purchase including tee shirts, water bottles, pennants, stickers and balloons, even chocolates made in Jimmy's image, something that surely leaves Punxsutawney Phil and Birmingham Bill pouting in their dens.
Punxsutawney Phil, Birmingham Bill and Jimmy the Groundhog are not the only furred meterologists poking their heads out of holes on February 2. Townsfolk in Ontario, Canada schedule an mammoth festival and parade to capitalize on their groundhog Wiarton Willie.
There's also Staten Island Chuck, a resident of the Staten Island Zoo, General Beau Lee, Ph.D. who draws visitors to the Yellow River Game Ranch, Dunkirk Dave who seems unique in his lack of commercialization, Shubenacadie Sam, the first groundhog of Canada, and PeeWee from Vermont.
And in this internet age, most of these groundhogs have their own webpages.