Best Bike Trailer For Hunting in 2022
Rambo R180 Aluminum Bike/Hand Cart
Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Bike Trailer, Folding Frame, Quick Release Wheels, Red/Grey
- Take along your gear for the ride with the Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Trailer; The wide frame provides large towing and storage capacity, while the two wheel design limits torque placed on your bicycle for unhindered performance
- A unique folding frame design and quick release wheels pack up neatly for compact storage and transport
- For added versitility, enjoy the ease of one time installation with the universal coupler that easily attaches to almost any bicycle
- 16 inch air filled tires with molded rims provide a ride that's always smooth, while interior D rings allow you to strap down your cargo, providing extra security and improved performance
- This bike trailer ships ready to be assembled, has a 1 year limited warranty, and the wheels measure 16 inches.Holds up to 100 lbs of cargo
Cycle Force Trail-Monster Cargo Trailer, Matte Black
- 20x 3.00 Oversized Tires and quick release wheels
- ED Rust-Proof Black finish and is foldable
- Made from strong steel with quick dethatch pins on both ends so gates can be opened or removed
- Quickly attaches to most bicycle axles
- Base area of 41 x 17 x 10 inches and is rated at over 275 lbs. of capacity
QuietKat Two Wheel Game Cart, FatTire Off Road Cargo Trailer for Extra Storage While Hunting, Fishing, Exploring Backcountry, Three-Way Adjustable Rack Angle (20" x 4" Wheels/Tires)
- Dual tire design - two-wheel design makes loading and unloading easy for your hunting game or extra gear. 20”X 4” wheels. More stable and easier to maneuver than single-wheeled trailers.
- Extra storage - 47″ long, 18″ wide cargo area. The cart features a 3-way adjustable rack system, which can be laid flat, or angled to secure your load properly. The ultimate accessory for getting your harvest out of the field.
- Compatible - the cart attaches to any Quiet Kat fat-tire bike rear axel, and any other bike with a 3/8″ threaded rear axle. For standard through-axles, you will need a Bob axle from Robert axle project in your specific frame size.
- Easy set up - the quick-attach system can be attached in seconds to your rear post with screws on rear axel. Maintain a secure connection to the bike Keeps things in place when traveling over rough terrain.
- Rear suspension - for smooth ride on rough terrain off-trail in the backcountry while hunting, fishing and exploring. Use it for hauling items such as seed for food plots, trail cameras, tree stands, Blinds, firewood, supplies from the country store.
Aosom Elite II Bike Cargo and Luggage Trailer - Red/Black
- ✅DURABLE TRAILER BASE: The convenient Oxford cloth basket is set atop a solid metal base that can hold up to 88 lbs.
- ✅QUICK SIMPLE FOLD DOWN: This cart features quick release wheels and a simple fold down so that storage is easy and convenient when not in use.
- ✅PERFECT FOR CARGO: This cart is ideal for running errands such as grocery shopping, toting supplies, or your daily commute.
- ✅REMOVABLE COVER: A removable cover is included to help keep items covered and secured when riding.
- ✅EASY BIKE HITCH: One Aosom Type ‘A’ bike hitch and connector is included, which will quickly and easily attach this cart to most bike frames.
Rambo R182 Single Wheeled Cart
- Slim design and low profile allows access to rougher terrain and more cargo weight
- Cart basket size: 18.75" x 25.25" x 11.25". Cart weighs in at 24 lbs with 50 lb. weight capacity
- Features large 16" x 3" tires to haul you gear over the roughest mountain
- Rugged heavy-duty steel construction
- For use with all Gen 3 Rambo Bikes except R350
Aosom Foldable Bike Cargo Trailer Bicycle Cart Wagon Trailer with Hitch, Black
- ✅HEAVY DUTY CAPACITY: At 110 lbs., the Aosom Wanderer has the highest carrying capacity in its class, allowing it to handle most any load.
- ✅DETACHABLE FRONT AND BACK: The front and back detaches easily allowing for more space and for larger items to be placed onto the trailer.
- ✅FOLD DOWN SIDE WALLS: In addition to the front and back, the side walls fold down making it easy to transport large objects.
- ✅DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: A sturdy steel frame and a strengthened solid PE bottom offers great peace of mind while out on the road.
- ✅BICYCLE HITCH INCLUDED: Includes a simple to use universal hitch that fastens onto your back wheel to allow for quick and easy attaching and removing.
Burley Flatbed, Aluminum Utility Cargo Bike Trailer
- Weight capacity is 100 lbs
- Two-wheel design keeps the trailer upright and stable
- 16" spoked alloy wheels, push button release
- Quickly disassembles and is compact for transport and storage
- Standard Forged Hitch Included
Aosom Double Wheel Internal Frame Enclosed Bicycle Cargo Trailer - Black
- ✅Ideal for both bike and electric bike; Sturdy wheels for increased hauling and load capacity
- ✅Removable cargo compartment provides handy storage and organization for your gear
- ✅Cover made of 600 x 600D oxford cloth with PVC waterproof coating
- ✅Versatile coupler attaches to most bicycles for convenient use
- ✅Overall Dimensions: 58"L x 21.75"W x 31.25"H; Inside Dimensions: 22.5"L x 15.5"W x 12"H
Rambo R187 Canoe/Kayak Trailer
- R150 G2 rear luggage rack required for installation
- Adjustable to fit different sizes: 8' - 10' length with 3' width
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs when used as a hand cart or 70 lbs when attached to Rambo bikes
- Includes tie-down straps to secure your boat
- Features padded contact points to protect your kayak/canoe from scratches
Bike Racing and Riding Preparation for Kids and Teens
Bike riding can be great fun and great exercise but there are some things you need to get before you start. Keep safe, be comfortable and have fun.
There are also races they can join in if they want to. Even kids are allowed to join in if they know where to find the races that allow kids. They shouldn't just jump into racing though. They need to do some training first and if it's a road race they should probably be 12 or older so they understand road safety first. My son started road and velodrome track racing at the age of 12 and is pretty good, if I do say so myself. Another of my sons is starting track racing at 8.
If you ever thought about going on long bike rides like this, or joining in bike races there are some things you need to consider before you get started. Starting without the proper biking gear can cause you discomfort, pain or even injury.
Bike Riding Necessities
The most important thing you need when you are planning on going on long bike rides or bike racing is a good road bike. This isn't just any old bike, if you buy a cheap bike it might not last long. You need a good bike so go to a store that sells only bike and bike supplies. Tell them what you are planning to do with your bike and have them recommend the right bike for you. They will even help you choose the right size bike. The right size bike is very important to keeping you pain free and comfortable. Have them set the seat height for you. Having the seat height right will keep you from having back and knee problems later.
To ride your bike you should have a helmet. Make sure the helmet fits you right and adjust the straps so they are fitted right. If you need help maybe the people at the bike store can help you. Some places have helmet laws, some don't, check to see what the laws are where you are riding. I recommend wearing a helmet anyway for safety's sake.
The other very important thing you need before you start going on long bike rides is a good pair of bike shorts. Bike shorts are different than other shorts and harder to find. Bike shorts have a thick layer of padding between your legs to keep you from getting sore after sitting on a bike for hours. They can often be found in sporting goods stores over by the bikes or in bike supply stores. By the way, you don't wear anything under them.
Cold and Warm Weather Gear
Bike shirts are made of a material that keeps you drier and cooler in the summer and dry and warm in the winter. Never wear cotton while bike riding, the sweat will stick to you and can freeze in the winter and make you feel sticky in the summer. Invest in a bike shirt. Not only will it keep you feeling cooler and drier in the summer but they have a pocket in the back to keep small things in. Wind breakers should be worn over your bike shirt when it's colder to keep you from getting cold while riding.
Leg warmers and arm warmers are good when it's a little cold but not cold enough for a wind breaker and long pants. They are tight fitting and go on and off easily. Buy ones that match your bike shorts and bike shirt and you will look good too. If you are going to wear long pants instead make sure to wear your bike shorts underneath.
If you go to a bike supply store or online site that sells bike riding supplies you will be able to find a face mask that allows you to breathe but still keeps the wind off your face. If you are riding on a cool windy day this can be a necessity. It'll keep your face warmer and also keep you from getting wind burn on your cheeks and chapped skin.
You will also be able to find covers to go over your shoes to keep your feet warm at the bike store. Shoe covers will keep your feet warm on cold days. They are made to go over biking shoes but even if you don't have biking shoes they will still keep your feet warmer. If you don't want to buy shoe covers you can put a pair of wool socks over your shoes to keep your feet warm.
Getting Serious About Bike Riding
If you want to go on long treks on your bike but don't want to go alone join a bike club. There are bike riding clubs all over the country. They offer different long distance and short distance rides for all levels and age groups that you can join and races you can race in if you want to race. They are also good for making friendships with other people who share your same bike riding interest.
Our bike club has monthly meetings, weekly rides and time trials in the warm months and discounts at some of the local stores. My sons and I have made a lot of friends and they remind us when there are local races coming up that the boys can race in and give us advice when we need it.
Some other things you will want to get if you are going to become a serious bike rider are bike shoes, cleats, pedals and a good seat. Seats, called saddles, come in many different shapes and sizes. You can get a soft, cushy gel seat or a thin racing seat, or anything in between. You have to decide what you're comfortable with. You will be the one sitting on it for long hours.
Racing pedals are very different from regular pedals. They are made so that you can lock your bike shoes into them. Bike shoes are hard and have cleats at the bottom. Not spiked cleats like football shoes, these cleats clip into your pedals. You can buy the pedals and cleats together so you know they will work together right.
Bike Riding is Great Exercise
Besides meeting friends and having fun, bike riding is a great way to get exercise and get in shape. If you ride several days a week and add some weight training to the mix you will be in better shape in no time. If you are going on long bike rides chances are you will be doing some hills. Hills burn more calories than flat roads so go for it and have fun at the same time.