10 Best Deer Hunting Games For Ps4
Updated on: June 2023
Best Deer Hunting Games For Ps4 in 2023
theHunter: Call of the Wild - PlayStation 4
theHunter: Call of the Wild - 2019 Edition - PS4 (PS4)
- Explore a Vast Open World. By Foot or ATV
- Different Species - Different Challenge
- Become a Hunter. Design the Hunt
Cabela's African Adventure - PlayStation 4
- Vast hunting areas 5X the size of any other Cabela's console game!
- Highly memorable "Big 5"; challenging and fun boss animal fights
- Take on large heards of stampeding buffola, packs of predators, and dream prey across 5 diferent biomes!
- Enter and leave your vehicle anytime, anywhere!
- Two exciting modes: Safari mode; Shooting Galleries
Deer Hunter Reloaded - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Deer Hunter: Reloaded is a 1st person hunting simulation game based off of the #1 hunting franchise in the World. Deer Hunter will provide an authentic hunting experience.
- Track and hunt various trophy big game animals such as Whitetail, Mule and Sitka Deer, Big Horn and Dall Sheep, Caribou, Elk and much more.
- Embark on epic guided hunts in hopes of becoming a “Master Hunter.” Progressive levels in realistic environments, life-like hunting scenarios as well as reactive animal.
- Daily & Weekly Challenges
- Bonus Content: Canadian Region
Hunting Simulator - PlayStation 4
- Track 37 species, each with realistic animal behaviors: big and Small game, predators, waterfowl.and many more
- Explore 12 expansive regions based on real hunting areas in Europe and north America adapting to the elements as the weather and time of day dynamically change
- Choose from AMONG 17 different firearms (rifles, bows and crossbows) including official winchester and browning Licensed weapons, and close to 50 essential accessories
- Improve your Shooting skills on the Shooting range and track all sorts of Prey in Free hunt; take Off on an adventure with three friends or with players from around the globe
- A first in the hunting game genre: use a drone to explore your environment
PDP PS4 MARS Starter Pack - Big Buck Hunter: Arcade, 051-106-NA
- Features a low-power IR laser for unmatched precision
- Works on any display: SD, HD, 4K, and projectors
- Supports up to 2 players
- Includes a MARS IR STATION (camera), MARS LIGHTCON (lightgun), and digital copy of the game
- Officially licensed by Sony
theHunter: 2019 Edition - PlayStation 4
- Explore a vast open world. By foot or ATV
- Different species - different challenge
- Become a Hunter. Design the hunt
- Share hunting experiences and the Hunter Club. Earn bragging rights
- Includes all 11 available DLC
Big Buck Hunter Arcade (PS4) (UK IMPORT)
- 2 Big Game Adventures
- Whitetail Deer and Moose adventure
- Each adventure will hold 3 treks, each with 5 hunting sites
- A total of 36 levels to play through
- BONUS Elk adventure - 3 additional treks each with 15 extra sites and a Black Bear dangerous trophy animal
Big Buck Hunter PS4 - PlayStation 4
- 2 Big Game Adventures including Whitetail Deer and Moose adventure.
- Each adventure will hold 3 treks, each with 5 hunting sites for a total of 36 levels to play through.
- Bonus Elk adventure - 3 additional treks each with 15 extra sites and a Black Bear dangerous trophy animal.
- Hunt the dangerous animal for extra points.
- Compete with your friends in turn-based or head-to-head competitions.
Mudrunner - American Wilds Edition - PlayStation 4
- Giant maps - American Wilds comes with highly-requested additions, including 2 new sandbox maps inspired by the rough lands of Montana and North Dakota
- New Challenges - all-new driving experiences to master over varied environments with the most iconic US vehicles from household brands such as Hummer, Western Star and Chevrolet
- Drive with friends - go solo or join up to three others in co-op multiplayer
- True-to-Life Physics - Overcome muddy terrain, rivers, and other obstacles that realistically react to the weight and movement of the vehicle - made possible by the game's advanced physics engine
- The most complete Mud Runner experience - Mud Runner - American Wilds includes the full game and all Mud Runner DLC already available
Tips for Planning a Sucessful Deer Hunt
tutorial on pre-hunt preparation for deer hunters
I have been a hunter for the better part of 5 decades and hunting seasons where I have not harvested deer have been rare. On those rare occasions the main reason for failure can be attributed to poor pre-hunt preparation. I wasn't able or didn't take the time to plan and prepare for my hunt properly. There have been those times when I did harvest a deer without good solid preparation but as the saying goes, even a blind hog finds an acorn eventually.
What is pre-hunt planning and preparation? First and foremost it involves many hours of "woods" time. If you are not willing to spend at least as much time in the woods before you hunt as you do hunting, don't get your hopes too high. Spending time studying the habits and tendencies of your quarry plays a huge part in the success of your hunt. Where are their main feeding areas? What trails do they use to get to and from their feeding area? Where are the well used creek crossings or funnel points? Which areas are consistent morning use areas and which ones are evening areas? All of these questions and many more go into a successful pre-hunt preparation.
Are any or all of these practices going to guarantee that you harvest a deer every year? Of course not, but it just gives you more of an even playing field. Remember, you are the intruder in the home of the deer! For that reason alone pre-hunt preparation is essential. I once helped my dad put up his stand in a run-off creek bed which was being used as a travel route by the deer to and from their feeding area. We absolutely knew from the sign (tracks, rubs, droppings) that this creek was used very frequently. As we finished the process of setting the stand, my dad, sitting in the stand asked me to take my knife and lay over a couple saplings that hindered one of his shooting lanes; so I did. What happened later during the hunt taught us a very valuable lesson. Two does traveled down the creek that morning and came to the laid-over saplings. They stopped, looked at the saplings and then turned around and returned the way that they had come. After that morning, the rest of that season we rarely found fresh sign in that area. Think about it; if someone came into your living room while you were away and rearranged the furniture, wouldn't you notice it when you returned home? Of course you would and so do the deer!
There are many other topics of consideration when preparing for your deer hunt such as the rut, moon phases and weather. These all have an effect on success but none of these make as much difference as what I've discussed here. The technique of scouting and preparing for the hunt is a learned and developed skill that will take some time to get right. Just remember, practice makes perfect.