10 Best Drop Point Hunting Knife
Updated on: May 2023
Best Drop Point Hunting Knife in 2023
Gerber Freeman Guide Fixed Blade Knife, Fine Edge, Drop Point [31-000588]
- 5Cr15MoV SS blade, glass bead finish
- Full fine edge blade
- Large finger grooves, tachide on lay, full tang and lanyard slot
- Formed nylon sheath included
- Blade length 4-Inch, overall length 8.38-Inch
CRKT Hunt'N Fisch Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath: Gentleman's Hunting Knife, Drop Point Blade with Friction Grooves, G10 Handle, Leather Sheath with Multiple Carry Options 2861
- Spine Friction Grooves for Blade Control
- Multi-Colored G10 Handle
- High Quality Leather Sheath
- Designed by Larry Fischer in Boise, Idaho
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, see company site for details
Buck n Bear Drop Point Utility Hunter Knife, Damascus 4 Inch Fixed Blade, Olive Wood Handle
- This small fixed blade hunting knife features a full tang to provide high strength performance
- The drop point blade is crafted with ornate Damascus steel 3/16 inches thick
- Handle features carved olive wood scales with an ornamental brass spacer and pins
- Overall knife length is 8.5 inches, blade length is 4 inches; black Micarta G10 bolster
- Includes a leather sheath with a belt loop so you can keep your knife close at hand
Buck Knives 0863BRS Selkirk Fixed Blade Knife with Fire Striker and Nylon Sheath,Brown
- RAZOR SHARP BLADE - 4-5/8" Drop Point 420HC steel blade delivers excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance. Overall Length 9-1/2" Weight 7.6 oz. Total Carry weight 10.7 oz.
- SAFE & SECURE - The contoured Micarta handle with steel bolster provide a safe and secure grip while you work. The steel bolster can be used as an improvised hammer when in the outdoors
- FIRE STARTER - The 2-1/4" fire striker with whistle integrated in the grip comes in handy for emergency situations
- CONVENIENT CARRY - Includes an injection molded nylon sheath that can be configured into horizontal or vertical belt carry for easy access
- FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products
Buck Knives 192 Vanguard Fixed Blade Knife W/Sheath, Rosewood Handle, 4-1/8" 420HC Drop Point Blade
- Item Number: 0192RWSBP5
- Blade: 4 1/8" 420HC Drop Point
- Handle Material: Rosewood Dymondwood
- Overall Length: 7.75"
- Extras: Genuine Leather Sheath. Buck Forever Warranty. Made in the USA
Gerber Gator Fixed Blade Knife, Fine Edge, Drop Point 
- Tactile texturing on handle
- Shallow drop point blade
- Lanyard hole
- Sheath Material: Ballistic nylon with molded plastic insert
Old Timer PH2W Mini Pro Hunter 6.9in High Carbon S.S. Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with 2.8in Drop Point and Wood Handle for Outdoor, Hunting and Camping
- DIMENSIONS: 6.9 inch (17.5 cm) overall length with a blade length of 2.8 inches (7.1 cm) and a weight of 3.5 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV High Carbon Stainless Steel with a desert iron wood handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient brown, leather belt sheath making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the front guard
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a full tang design and leather lanyard
Buck Knives 192 Vanguard Fixed Blade Knife with Leather Sheath
- RAZOR SHARP & VERSATILE- 4-1/8" Drop Point 420HC Steel Blade delivers excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance. The full bellied blade is suitable for heavier tasks.
- SOLID BUILD, SMART DESIGN - Full Tang Construction with Integrated Finger Guard and a Deep Choil help make this knife one of the best options for serious hunters and outdoor enthusiasts who appreciate quality.
- COMFORTABLE GRIP AND BALANCE - Classic Heritage Walnut Handle with contoured grip make maneuvering through field dressing a breeze.
- CONVENIENT CARRY- Includes a Genuine High Quality Protective Leather Sheath with Snap Fastener. An integrated belt loop allows you to carry the knife securely and safely on your belt for easy access.
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA.
Schrade SCHF57 6.3in Steel Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with 2.6in Drop Point Blade and G-10 Handle for Outdoor Survival, Camping and EDC
- DIMENSIONS: 6.3 inch (15.9 cm) overall length with a blade length of 2.6 inches (6.7 cm) and a weight of 4 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 65Mn High Carbon S.S. with black G-10 handle slabs
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient black, multi-carry option thermoplastic belt sheath (Compatible with the Schrade FR4 Removable Ferro Rod Attachment) making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the thumb rest jimping
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a full tang design and lanyard hole
Buck Knives 113 Ranger Skinner Hunting Knife
- CORROSION RESISTANT - 3-1/8" 420HC Drop Point Skinner Blade has great edge retention, corrosion resistance and excellent strength for long lasting durability. Overall Length 7-1/4" Weight 5. 2 oz.
- SKIN LIKE A PRO- The skinner blade is optimized for skinning game. The narrow tip and wide curved belly provide a smooth skinning sweep that aids getting through thick layers. The downward angled point helps prevent an accidental slice through the hide
- CLASSIC AND FUNCTIONAL - The 113 Ranger Skinner is a stylish and performance oriented combination of Buck's famous Ranger and Vanguard knives, yet more compact with a versatile skinning blade
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Now with Genuine Ebony! Ebony Handle with Brass Bolster fits comfortably in your hand. The Genuine Leather Sheath with integrated belt loop allows you to carry on your belt for easy access
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA.
The Filming of We Are Marshall
We Are Marshall is the movie about a tragic plane crash in Huntington, WV. When the film crews came to town, Huntington residents were there to witness the telling of their story.
For the most part, the filming was an aggravation to everyone who was not involved with the movie. Going to class everyday quickly became a game of find your way through the maze. The sidewalk and doors you used to go to class would be blocked off when you came back out. Sidewalks would be blocked throughout the center of campus, forcing students to travel the long way around buildings and other obstacles. Streets downtown were blocked for days as film crews took over. It was an aggravation, but the price was well worth it for Marshall's story to be told.
Students were given the opportunity to participate in the filming. One morning in particular, the film crews needed a large crowd to recreate a scene where students are in the center of campus shouting in unison the famous quote from the movie, "We are Marshall". Many people went in hope of catching a glimpse of Matthew Mcconaughey, the star of the film. Others went for the experience of being in a movie. Some went out of boredom. Regardless the reason, it was quite an event when a few hundred people stood in the middle of campus and chanted loud enough the ground shook.
After the movie came out in theatres, it was almost a necessity for all residents of the area to go see the movie. It was interesting to see all the different areas of Huntington in a movie and the story was dramatized a little, but still showed the struggle and heartache of the community.
Whether somebody liked the movie or not, it was an unwritten rule to only speak positively about the film. Overall it was a uniting force which brought the community together. It showed all the local residents that no matter how devastating an event was, the school and community could rebuild itself even when left with nothing.
So the next time you sit down for a movie, try watching "We Are Marshall" and relive the experience of how Marshall rose from the ashes of a horrible tragedy.