Best Fall Hunting Boots in 2023
Irish Setter Women's 2881 Vaprtrek 8" 400 Gram Hunting Boot,Mossy Oak/Camouflage,8.5 M US
Salomon Women's Authentic Leather GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots, Lead/Stormy Weather/Eggshell Blue, 9.5 B US
- WATERPROOF BACKPACKING BOOT: This classic leather backpacking boot is lightweight with a deep, aggressive lug pattern for maximum traction on mixed terrain, & waterproof GORE-TEX for weather protection.
- DISCOVER NEW PLACES: This rugged, technical backpacking boot offers motion control, energy management & push-through protection with understated leather style that looks great & lasts for years.
- ADVENTURE AWAITS: Whether you love a local day hike or hitting the trails for a multi-day adventure, Salomon makes innovative hiking & backpacking shoes & boots for men & women to help you go the distance.
- TIME TO PLAY: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes & gear for kids, men & women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event!
- SINCE 1947 Salomon has used our passion for outdoor sports & innovation to create progressive gear. Our road & trail running shoes, hiking sneakers, boots, & water shoes help make any path your own.
Asolo Fugitive GTX Men's Waterproof Hiking Boot for Light Hikers and Trekkers
- COMFORTABLE & DURABLE: High tenacity cordura fabric protects feet from rough terrain, provides stability, and keeps your feet light and comfortable all day
- WATERPROOF & BREATHABLE: The combination of water resistant Italian suede uppers and waterproof Gore-tex lining keeps feet well ventilated and completely protected from sweat and outside water contact
- TORSIONAL SUPPORT: Contains Asoflex thermoplastic support designed to prevent bruising from rough terrain, backpacking, and long distance hiking
- EXCEPTIONAL TRACTION: Outsoles are a combination of highly resilient polyurethane midsoles over a bi-density rubber bottom for excellent grip and support
- COMPLETE PROTECTION: Rubber outsole, heel cup and toe cup provide full protection and traction for every step
Salomon Men's Quest 4D 3 GTX Backpacking Boots, Wren/Bungee Cord/Green Sulphur, 10
- The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster for eating up soft, technical trails
- Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance last shape and endoFit
- Just enough to provide protection for technical trail running
- Salomon 2 year limited warranty
Danner Men's Mountain 600 Hiking Boot, Rich Brown - Full Grain, 11.5 D US
- Danner Dry waterproof protection. Cushioning open-cell OrthoLite footbed.
- Vibram SPE midsole for maximum rebound, comfort and support. Nylon shank.
- TPU heel frame to enhance support and stability.
- Vibram Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on wet and dry surfaces
- Hazelwood/Yellow,Brown/Red,Dark Brown/Green,Carbon Black,Saddle Tan,Black,Rich Brown,Sand,Walnut/Green,Sandy Taupe,Java/Bossa Nova,Gray,Dark Brown
- LAST TYPE: DPDX
Skechers Men's Mariner Low Boot,Dark Brown,9 M US
- Leather utility boot featuring lug outsole, padded collar, and logo label on tongue
- Reinforced seam detail. Smooth or oiled leather upper
Columbia Women's ICE Maiden II Snow Boot, Black, Grey, 10 B US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II boot features Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as Omni-Grip advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement.
- HANDY FEATURES: This women's winter boot is crafted of waterproof leather and textile construction and 200g insulation to keep you warm and dry during the worst of weather.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Ice Maiden II winter boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof winter boot delivers a lux, feminine look that's versatile and stylish. Fit tip-it runs true to size. Features seam sealed membrane bootie construction
- This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II winter boot is lightweight with a waterproof, insulated construction. It's perfect for winter's worst days.
Muck Arctic Sport Rubber High Performance Men's Winter Boots
- 5 mm neoprene provides comfort and flexibility, along with excellent waterproofing, shock absorption and heat retention properties; adjusts to your foot shape to resist blisters and chafing
- Completely sealed rubber shell extends up above ankle area for added protection from moisture
- Fleece lining is soft, durable and provides exceptional warmth in frigid environments; 2 mm of thermal foam under footbed; comfort rated from -40 °F to 40 °F (-40°C to 4°C)
- Outsole with rugged molded lugs for increased traction on slippery and uneven terrain
- 100% waterproof winter boots; EVA contoured, molded midsole for increased support
LaCrosse Menâ€™s Grange 18â€ Hunting Boot,OD Green,11 M US
- Hand-laid premium ZXT Rubber for durable, waterproof, scent-free protection. Traction- Best for All-Terrain, Slip Resistant
- ZXT Rubber is ozone, abrasion and tear resistant with added tensile strength
- Multilayer rubber on the toe and heel plus a double-layer, ribbed vamp for added durability
- Ankle Fit locks the heel in place and top strap is adjustable for a comfortable, secure fit
Kamik Men's Hunter Snow Boot, Khaki/Black Sole, 7 M US
Where is the Beef? Going Contaminant Hunting in Your (or Your Grocer's) Freezer
If you have been wondering if you should take the advice of your doctor and forsake the beef for poultry, you might have just received the little nudge that could convince you.
At issue are a staggering 14,800 pounds of the ground up cattle that is being sold under the name American Fresh Foods - a company behind which stands Fort Worth's Texas American Food Service Corporation. What makes the alert interesting is the fact that the matter did not come to light until the company reported missing a trailer containing the contaminated beef.
The Star Telegram released a piece today which warns consumers of purchasing meat at roadside stands, in parking lots, and other dubious sales venues, no matter how good the deals offered might be. American Fresh Foods has opened a consumer hotline where those who believe to have purchased some of that tainted meat may call to inquire about returns. The number is 1-800-724-1136.
As Texans are warned to steer clear of this tainted beef, it is noteworthy that this recall is following on the heels of another USDA warning that originated on Christmas Day, when New York's Maramont Corporation recalled 88 pounds of ground beef patties due to listeria pollution. It is important to note that this recall affects schools in Jersey City, NJ where the meat was sold to be offered to school children as part of the local area school lunch programs. Concerned consumers should contact Maramont directly at 718-439-8900.
The patties themselves were sold to the schools on December 18th and 19th, thus falling just before the federal Christmas holiday vacations for most students. The odds of some of the tainted beef still lingering in freezers is better than average, and cafeteria managers in Jersey City will be wise to check their supplies!
What makes listeria caused illness so insidious is the fact that that it has a wide ranging incubation time. Some children may report problems within three days of ingesting the tainted meat while others may go as long as two months before showing signs of illness.
As if the Texas and New Jersey ground beef problems were not sufficient for the consumer, consider the 12-20-07 USDA news release that warns of a significant batch of salmonella infected ground beef having been sold by Safeway Corporation in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and the state of New Mexico in the time frame dating from 09-19 to 11-05. There is no lot number associated with this batch of meat, but if you purchased ground meat at a Safeway store in between those dates and still have some in your freezer, it may be wise to toss it out.
This particular strain of bacteria, according to the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service sources, is resistant to treatment and as of 12-12-07, 14 people in Arizona alone have presented with illness directly related to this incident, the Arizona Republic reports.
Granted, the American food supply is probably as safe as it will ever be, yet the watchful consumer will do well to ensure that she or he is not caught unawares! To this end, check in with the Food Safety and Inspection Service's automated Ask Karen program which is a virtual representative who will answer your questions with respect to recalls, meat problems and other food safety issues; in addition, it also may not be a bad idea to sign up for the email alert program which will ensure that you know about recalls as they happen.