10 Best Hunting Bags
Updated on: March 2023
Best Hunting Bags in 2023
G4Free Outdoor Tactical Backpack,Military Sport Pack Shoulder Backpack for Camping, Hiking, Trekking
Auscamotek Camo Hunting Backpack Camouflage Bag Waterproof Day Pack for Fishing Hiking Camping
- Dimensions: 19x12x8 inch 100% brushed polyester fabric with PVC waterproof coating
- Natural tree and leaf printing for maximum camouflage during hunting
- Large front pocket with 2 side water bottle pockets for storage of camo netting ghillie suit and any other hunting accessories
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps for total comfort Chest belt for better fits
- Reminds: the printing is random with different part of trunk and leaves.
Hunters Specialties Scent-A-Way Scent-Safe Deluxe Travel Scent Bag | Scent Lock Bags for Hunting Clothing, Scent Proof Bag, Scent Free Bag for Hunting Accessories & Hunting Equipment
- The Hunter Specialties Scent Safe Deluxe Travel Bag is SCENT PROOF BAG: This scent bag's durable nylon outer and inner layers enclose a specially formulated foil that locks out foreign odors and locks in cover scents
- SCENT BAG: The double zipper system finishes off the time tested design of this HUNTERS SPECIALTIES scent control bag
- SCENT FREE BAGS FOR HUNTING CLOTHES: With a large a mount of internal storage for multiple sets of clothing, hunters with this bag are ready to go for any situation
- SCENT BLOCKER BAG FOR HUNTING ACCESSORIES: Inside mesh pockets keep gear organized and keep base layers, mid layers, camo outer layers, socks, hunting gloves, hunting hats and camo hats, camo facemasks and hunting facemasks, and camo netting scent-free
- SCENT CONTROL BAG: Carry straps make transportation easy, so you can bring hunting equipment anywhere
ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear Hunting Fanny Pack, Realtree Edge
- Organize all your gear in the main, front and two side pockets
- Removable padded waist belt with two pockets and removable shoulder harness
- Compatible with our ALPS OutdoorZ Turkey Call Pockets & Game Bag; not included with Little Bear Pack
- The ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear Fanny Pack is on our best sellers list; you won't ever want to hunt without it
- Weight: 1 lb. 9 oz., Capacity: 8L/500 cu. in., Camo Pattern: Realtree Edge
Alaska Game Deer, Antelope and Sheep Bags, 48-Inch (Pack of Four)
- A superior game bag made from stronger, lighter, more durable material.
- Alaska Game Bags are super tough, highest quality game bags and tailored to specific animals
- A game bag that is compact, odor free, and can be reused.
- Keeps bugs, dirt, predators, and adverse weather away from fresh meat.
- USA Made
ALPS OutdoorZ High Caliber Duffle X-Large, Realtree Xtra
- U-shaped main compartment has heavy duty #10 zipper
- Adjustable, removable padded shoulder strap
- Padded handle wrap
- Additional handles on each end
- X-Large: 36" x 16" x 18", Weight: 2.6 lbs., Camo Pattern: Realtree Edge
Koola Buck Signature Series XL Hunting Game Bags for Elk Quarters (4 Bags)
- Safer than standard bags in warm weather conditions
- Reduces surface bacteria 8X more than standard bags. Repels egg laying insects
- Holds moisture in while aging game. Age longer with less waste and spoilage
- Choose from four options, XXL 4 pack moose/elk, XL 4 pack elk quarter bags, L 4 pack deer quarter bags, L 1 pack deer or antelope body bag
- Made from tightly knitted cotton/poly blend material designed for strength and durability
ALPS OutdoorZ Ranger, Realtree Edge
- The Ranger is on our best sellers list; intended for smaller excursions to pack your essential gear
- Main compartment and front organizational pocket allow quick access
- Padded shoulder straps and webbing handle offer comfort and convenience for carrying
- Bartacked webbing gives multiple attachment points
- Weight: 1 lb. 1 oz., Capacity: 23L/1,450 cu. in., Camo Pattern: Realtree Edge
Rockland Duffel Bag, Camouflage, 19-Inch
- Heavy duty 600 denier Polyester
- U-top zippered opening provides easy access to main compartment
- Two front zipper secured compartments
- Two side zipper secured compartments
- Adjustable ergonomic removable shoulder strap
Allen Remington Camo Hunting Daypack - Twin Mesa 1,853 cu in Hunting Daypack
- 1,853 cubic inch capacity
- Cool-mesh lined for comfort
- Densly padded hip belt and shoulder straps
- Five outside pockets, mesh interior pockets
- Integrated long gun carry system
Early Season Squirrel Hunting Tips
Use these tips to bag more early season squirrels.
Hunt According to Your Gun
The best squirrel hunting techniques will vary depending on the hunter's choice of gun. Shotgun hunters will probably do best stalking through the woods, while those hunting with a .22 or other rifle will probably do best setting up in locations where they can see some distance and waiting. The shotgun hunter is better able to shoot quickly at moving squirrels that are likely to be encountered on foot, while the rifle hunter can watch longer distances and take longer shots at unwary squirrels.
Be Ready to Shoot
Regardless of the hunter's weapon of choice, the hunter needs to be ready to shoot. Shotgun hunters need to be aware of the woods around them as they walk and keep their hands free so that they can shoot quickly. Rifle hunters should choose locations that provide a rest for the rifle such as a fallen tree, fence post, etc.
Use a Call
A squirrel call can be very useful for early season squirrel hunting. A squirrel call can be used to stop a running squirrel or to make a squirrel show their location on the ground or in a tree. There are two primary types of commercially available squirrel calls, whistle types that are blown through and bellows types that are operated by tapping on a flexible rubber bellows. Both types of calls are very inexpensive at around $10 or so.
Hunt Edges of Woods
Even in the early season, the woods generally are covered with crunchy leaves that can quickly give away a hunter's approach. By hunting fields, well roads, right of ways, and similar features that border woods a hunter can move more quietly.
Hunt During or After Rain
Hunting during or after rain will also help a hunter to move more quietly. The noise of the falling rain drops can help to cover noise and wet leaves make less noise when stepped on than when they are dry.