Best Hunting Crossbow in 2022
CenterPoint AXCS185CK Sniper 370 Crossbow Package, Camo, Small
Barnett Whitetail Hunter II Crossbow | Shoots 350 FPS | Includes 4x32 scope, rope cocking device, light weight quiver & two 20 inch Headhunter arrows
- 350 feet per second. Draw weight: 150 lbs Kinetic energy: 103 ft lbs. Realtree Extra Camo
- Overall weight 6.4 lbs | axle to axle 16.125" | dimensions 34.25"L x 18.25"W
- Made in the USA and ships mostly assembled; 12.5 Power Stroke (in)
- Trigger Tech Technology with 3lb zero-creep release. All stainless steel components. Nock sensor and adf eliminate dry fires
- Includes: 4x32 scope, rope cocking device, light weight quiver, two 20 inch Headhunter arrows, lube wax (we suggest you lube strings every 10 shots)
Leader Accessories Crossbow Package 160lbs 210fps Archery Equipment Hunting Bow with Quiver and 4pcs of Aluminum Arrow, Green Camo
- Draw Weight: 160 lbs. Speed: 210 fps.Weight: 5.85 lbs. Arrow Tip Weight: 125 grains.
- Power Stroke: 10.5".Trigger Pull: 6 lbs. Length: 34.5", Width: 26.5"
- The crossbow is with 3 red dot sight scope, 4pcs of 16" aluminum arrow, wax, stringer, padded sling, quiver, cocking rope
- Anti-dry-fire mechanism. One year warranty on the bow excluding string & cables.
175 lb Black Hunting Crossbow Archery Bow +8 Arrows/Bolts +Rail Lube +Stringer +Rope Cocking Device 180 150 80 50 lbs
- 175 lb draw weight with arrow speed at 250+ FPS, hit your target with precision accuracy
- Power Stroke: 10.5". Total Length: 30.5" (Foot claw to Stock) Width: 26".
- Features premium black stock and fiberglass limb that is nicely polished and offer excellent performance respectively
- Constructed with Aluminum Barrel, Weaver Rail and Auto Safety Cocking Mechanism
- Comes with 8 Arrows, Rail Lube, Stringer (help you set up the crossbow) and a Rope Cocking Device ($39.99 Value)
Bear X Saga 405 Ready to Shoot Crossbow Package with 4x32 Scope, Quiver, Bolts, Cocking Rope, and Wax
- Delivers top-of-the-line speed at 405 fps with a draw weight of 210 lbs. at an incredible value
- Overall weight of 7.5 lbs. and 14” wide cocked and 18” wide uncocked
- Adjustable fore end grip, ambidextrous safety, and rear adjustable stock
- Anti-dry fire inhibitor, dual string suppressor system, and picatinny style scope mount rail
- 4x32 multi cross-hair reticle with functioning eye piece, 4-bolt quiver, sling, three carbon bolts with field points, cocking rope, and rail lube/string lube
Carbon Express 20309 Blade Pro with Crank Package, 350 FPS,3 Bolts Field Tips, Quiver, Rope Cocker,4x32 Scope, Lube & Free Crank Cocking Device, Disruptive Camouflage
- LIGHTNING FAST - 350 Feet-Per-Second
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The X-Force Blade Pro Crossbow is 5% lighter than its competition
- ENDURING PERFORMANCE - High-end features like an extruded aluminum rail as well as an adjustable butt-stock and foregrip. Customizability and performance you can count on hunt after hunt.
- BANG FOR YOUR BUCK - Premium performance at an entry level price
- READY TO HUNT KIT - 3 carbon express 20" piledriver crossbow bolts with moon nocks with performance vanes, 3 field points, 4x32 scope, quick detach 3 bolt quiver, quiet crank rope cocker, and rail lubricant
PSE Thrive 400 Crossbow Kryptek Highlander 175lbs 4x32 Illuminated Scope Package
- INCOMPARABLE SPEED - Shoots at 400 fps! Includes four 22" carbon bolts w/ points & 1 discharge bolt.
- CNC PRECISION - Compound bow features a CNC mechanism for increased power, speed, and accuracy.
- REVERSE CAM SYSTEM - Creates a longer power stroke, which boosts the kinetic energy in every shot.
- SCOPE & STOPS INSTALLED - 4 X 32 Illuminated scope and string stops to dampen sound & vibration.
- ANTI-DRY FIRE - Provides ultimate safety. Package includes quiver, cocking rope, and rail lube.
Bear X Saga 370 Ready-to-Hunt Crossbow Package
- Adjustable cheek piece and rear stock with 3" of adjustments and five settings.
- Dual-mount string recoil suppressor system to reduce noise and vibration.
- Scope - Quiver - Sling - 3 Carbon Bolts - Cocking Rope - Rail Lube / String Wax.
Killer Instinct Crossbows Rush 380 Crossbow Package
Killer Instinct Crossbows Hero 380 Crossbow Kit
How to Make a Crossbow Out of a Wire Coat Hanger
This article gives step by step instructions on how to make a simple hunting crossbow from a wire coat hanger.
When it comes to making a suitable weapon for hunting, a homemade crossbow gives a hunter using archery an edge over using a regular bow and arrow. It may seem challenging to make your own crossbow, however with a few basic materials a suitable crossbow can be made with little or no cost. You will be able to better hunt just about any wild game you would desire once your crossbow is constructed.
To make your own crossbow from a coat hanger you will need the following materials. First you will need a wire coat hanger, four U-shaped nails, and a clothes pin. Next you will need a pair of pliers, a wire cutter, a hammer, and a pair of scissors. Finally you will need a 3 foot long piece of parachute cord, some epoxy glue, and a 4 foot long 2-by-2 piece of wood. With these materials, you can construct your own crossbow for hunting over the course of one day usually.
The first step in constructing a crossbow out of a coat hanger is to use the wire cutters to cut off the hook on the coat hanger. Next, use the pliers to fully bend over the twisted part of the coat hanger so that it is alongside of one of coat hanger's top wires. Now use the pliers to fully elongate the coat hanger to where it is a narrow wire loop. With this done, bend each end of the coat hanger to a 90 angle that is perpendicular to the wire loop. This prepares the coat hanger to be used as the crossbow's cross piece.
The second step in making a crossbow from a coat hanger is to use a hammer and four U-shaped nails to attach the wire cross piece to the front of the crossbow. This is done by hammering the nails around the two wire pieces of the crossbow's cross piece and positioning it at the front of the 4 foot long 2-by-2. Make sure that the points of the cross piece are pointing away from the crossbow's stock. This will help to increase the tension on the bowstring when this is placed on the crossbow. Once this is done, the crossbow can now be fitted with its trigger mechanism.
The third step to making a crossbow with a wire cross piece is to place the trigger mechanism on the crossbow. This is done by using the epoxy glue to glue the clothes pin at a point about 2 1/2 to 3 feet in from the crossbow's cross piece along the top of the 2-by-2. Allow about 2 to 3 hours for the epoxy glue to dry before proceeding with the crossbow's construction. Once the trigger mechanism has been placed on the crossbow's stock, the crossbow can now be strung with its bow string.
The fourth step in building a crossbow with a wire coat hanger is to tie one end of the parachute cord around one of the ends of the crossbow's cross piece. Then run the parachute cord over the top of the crossbow's stock and then tie it onto the other end of the crossbow's cross piece. Now use the scissors to cut off any excess parachute cord that may remain.
The final step in the construction of a crossbow is to pull the bowstring back and place it into the trigger mechanism. Once this is done, aim the crossbow away from you and squeeze the clothes pin trigger mechanism to make sure that there is enough tension in the cross piece to cause the crossbow to fire. If there is not, untie one end of the parachute cord from one end of the cross piece. Then tie the parachute cord again to the cross piece a little bit tighter this time. Again use the scissors to cut off any excess parachute cord. Repeat this step until there is enough tension in the cross piece to cause the crossbow to fire. Once this is completed, the crossbow is finished and ready to be loaded with an arrow and used for hunting.
"How to Build a Pencil Crossbow," Jinspiration
E. Milton Grassell, "Build a Hunter's Crossbow," Mechanics Illustrated (Dec. 1953)