Best Hunting Hiking Boots in 2022
Skechers Men's Relment Pelmo Chukka Boot,Khaki,8 M US
XPETI Menâ€™s Thermator Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Trekking Insulated Outdoor Boots Camouflage 12
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof
- Rubber Toe cap protection and Rubber outsole for optimal trail grip while hiking. You will find it that a very aggressive sole to grab the rocks and give good traction
- Molded TPU ankle support and Moisture-wicking mesh lining. Integrated inserted EVA midsole, Light weight and Sturdy enough even when carrying weight
- 200 Grams Thinsulate Insulation for -25℃. Integrated inserted EVA Midsole, Light weight and Sturdy enough even when carrying weight
- FUNCTIONALITY AND FASHION - These Boots feature special technology to protect your feet, molding rubber toe cap and molding TPU at heel for perfect protection, cushioned EVA midsole makes the boots durable, stable, lightweight and comfort all day
Under Armour Men's Valsetz RTS 1.5 Military and Tactical Boot, Ridge Reaper Camo Ba (900)/Uniform, 10
- Lightweight, durable synthetic leather & updated textile upper
- UA ClutchFit ankle support system contours & provides supports where you need it most
- TPU toe cap for added protection
- Welded PU film surrounds the perimeter of the boot for abrasion resistance
- Molded, anti-microbial Ortholite sockliner
Irish Setter Men's 2873 Vaprtrek 8" Hunting Boot,Realtree Xtra Camouflage,11 D US
- 8" lace-up hunting boot with 400 gram PrimaLoft insulation, full-grain waterproof leather and Realtree Xtra Camouflage
- UltraDry Waterproofing system
- ScentBan technology to kill odor causing bacteria
- RPM composite technology reduced weight while maintaining comfort and durability
Danner Men's 41559 Vital 8" Waterproof Hunting Boot, Realtree Edge - 9.5 D
- Lock and load lacing system: ghilles across the forefoot for secure fit and locking speed hooks for quick, quiet lacing
- Mesh liner layered over Danner Dry on tongue to help regulate both moisture and temperature
- Multi-density foam patterning eliminates hotspots and pinch points
- Molded, open-cell PU footbed
- Danner Plyolite midsole
- Nylon shank
- TPU heel clip for enhanced support and stability
- Danner Vital outsole provides grip on moss, rock and slick surfaces
- Brown(41550), 41553Mossy Oak Break-Up Country), 41559(Realtree Edge)
Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot, Elk/Mountain Red, 7.5 Regular US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot features a seam-sealed construction, combined with our TECHLITE lightweight midsole, for long-lasting comfort with superior cushioning and high energy return.
- DURABLE HIKING BOOT: This women's boot is inspired by classic mountaineering style. A durable mid cut waterproof hiker that provides great traction and comfort. This classic Columbia hiking boot, will deliver reliable and comfortable service.
- ALL TERRAIN TRACTION: Our signature Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole provides high grip across a wide variety of terrain, and versatile three season use.
- REINFORCED TOE AND HEEL CONSTRUCTION: Designed for extended years of use, we’ve reinforced the toe and heel barriers, and extended the outsole toe overwrap to guard these key wear points.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this hiking boot's waterproof combination of supportive leather and suede construction.
Under Armour Men's Speedfit 2.0 Hiking Boot, Black (002)/Black, 11.5
- Lightweight & breathable synthetic & textile upper
- Anatomically molded upper for enhanced fit
- Welded forefoot overlay for protection
- Molded tongue & vamp for adaptable fit, comfort & breathability
- TPU toe cap for added durability & protection
XPETI Women's Thermator Mid High-Top Waterproof Hiking Boot Trekking Hunting Outdoor Antiskid All-Weather Protection Black 9
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof, always keeps feet dry and feel warm in the cold weather
- Rubber Toe cap protection and Rubber outsole for optimal trail grip
- Molded TPU ankle support and Moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Integrated hided EVA midsole, Light weight and Sturdy enough even when carrying weight
- This lifestyle hiking boots provide special technology to protect your feet, molding rubber toe cap and molding TPU at heel for perfect protection, innovative design of hiding EVA midsole makes the boots durable and stable, light weight and comfort boots
Rocky Men's Ridge Top Waterproof Hiker Boot Round Toe Multi 11 D
- Full-Grain Leather
- 8" lace-up shaft
- Round toe
Manfen Women's Hiking Boots Lightweight Waterproof Hunting Boots, Ankle Support, High-Traction Grip Black, 8.5
- OUTSOLE MATERIALS---Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof. 200 Grams Thinsulate Insulation for -30℃.
- ANTI-SKID PERFORMANCE---Rubber toe cap protection and rubber outsole for optimal trail grip. and the technology can protect your feet. You will find it that a very aggressive sole to grab the rocks and give good traction.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY---Integrated inserted EVA midsole,waterproof hiking boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning.
- HANDY FEATURES---Molded TPU ankle support with snowshoe strap ridge. The hiking boots combine durability and comfort seamlessly while remaining lightweight and stylish.
- OCCASION---hiking, walking, travelling, fishing, trekking, urban leisure, family outings and camping outdoor sports. ☞ The 60-80 code It may be a bit small than normal size, recommend ordering a full size up from your normal size. The 85-110 code is the normal code number, you can buy it according to your normal size.
The PA Deer Management Program: Killing a Pennsylvania Tradition
Remembering the Pennsylvania Hunting Tradition that was so grand before the PA Deer Management Program.
The PA Deer Management Program: Killing a Pennsylvania Tradition
I have always called the mountains of north central Pennsylvania "home." In my eyes, few states hold the beauty of this great state. My fondest memories, as a child, are of hunting deer with my father and my two brothers. We spent countless days hunting in Cameron, Potter and Elk counties. My patients were few, as a 12 to 15 year old. I wanted to see deer and I wanted to shoot one. We shot nice bucks, and we always saw deer. We all looked forward to the two day doe season following buck season. And maybe, just maybe, doe season would be extended a third day. And in those days we shot nice does… Yes, you heard me, I said nice does.
I remember, as a young man, hanging deer in our family's garage at our business where we kept all of the semi-trucks. That "second day of doe" usually found us with two does in the bed of my father's black ford pickup and one hanging from a yellow hoist that typically lifted truck engines during repairs. I remember businessmen coming to see my father about shipments and drivers but ended up discussing the nice does we had and when we were going to make sausage.
Unfortunately for my children, those days are gone. My son and daughter can't understand why I spend days afield just to see naught. Times have changed and so has the deer population since the PA deer management program has been put in place.
It is hard to describe to my children the exhilarating rush of seeing a whitetail only yards from you, as you struggle to slow your heart, as it pounds, pushing adrenaline through your body, trying to maintain the discipline to wait for a quartering away shot. And finally, explaining the feeling of success and sometimes failure of the hunt after it is all over, but knowing, always knowing that there is another opportunity because "the deer are always there" as my father used to say.
I have taken my children, and their patients are just like mine, so many years ago. They want to see deer and they want to shoot one, but there are no deer anymore because of our poorly managed state program. I joke with my family when I travel back home these days, to look for the legendary Pennsylvania White Tailed Deer. We all laugh, and we look, hoping to see that majestic animal that is so rarely seen in the great north woods anymore.