Best Hunting Knife in 2022
Mossy Oak Survival Knife, 15-inch Fixed Blade Hunting Bowie Knife with Sharpener and Fire Starter, for Camping, Tactical, Outdoor
12" Tactical Bowie Survival Hunting Knife w/ Sheath Military Combat Fixed Blade
- Heavy Duty Tactical Knife
- 12" Tactical Survival Hunting Knife with Sheath and Fixed Blade
Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B 9in High Carbon S.S. Fixed Blade Knife with 4.7in Dual Edge Blade and TPE Handle for Outdoor, Tactical, Survival and EDC
- DIMENSIONS: 9 inch (22.9 cm) overall length with a blade length of 4.7 inches (12.1 cm) and a weight of 7.7 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV High Carbon Stainless Steel with a black rubber wrapped handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient belt or boot sheath making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the hand guard
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a blood groove and lanyard hole
WORKPRO Axe and Fixed Blade Knife Combo Set, Full Tang, Wood Handle, for Outdoor Camping Survival Hunting, Nylon Sheath Included
- ✅FULL-TANG AXE AND KNIFE- Both full-tang 3CR13 blades have excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance for lasting durability. The handle is constructed of black wood with a fully polished finish, which makes them extremely durable,long-lasting.
- ✅EXTREMELY HUMANIZED DESIGN- The hatchet set has sharp blades, which provides you a great striking force and deep. The tool is built with a comfortable and textured grip wooden handle designed with ergonomics in mind for strongest grip .The raised part of the handle is provided with an anti-skid groove to prevent slipping and injuring yourself in the process of use.
- ✅EASY TO CARRY -Comes with protective Nylon sheath, which protects the blade for extra safety! Tool set is packaged with snap-button and velco closure sheath .Easy to attach to your belt which keep everything at your fingertips when needed and easy carry.
- ✅ BEST COMPANION FOR YOUR OUTDOOR WORK - Our chopping axe with knife set can be used for various different jobs that you may need to get done. The set is perfect for homeowner or professional to do outdoor activities: fix garden,go to camping, farm-DIY and more.
- ✅ WHAT'S INCLUDED - The set comes with a 10-inch axe and a 13-inch knife with cover . We are so confident in the quality of WORKPRO that if you are unsatisfied with our products for any reason please contact one of our friendly customer service representatives who will help you resolve issue or concern:-)
Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade Knife with Leather Sheath - Black Handle
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 6" Clip Point 420HC steel blade has excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance for lasting durability. The clip blade is good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- COMFORTABLE GRIP & BALANCE - Traditional black phenolic handle has palm swells for a comfortable grip. The aluminum pommel/guard provide the perfect combination of beauty and balance. Overall length 10-1/2", Weighs 7.5 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON - Classic phenolic handle and aluminum pommel/guard provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance. One of Buck's top selling knives, the 119 Special is one that's handed down from generation to generation
- CONVENIENT CARRY- Includes a genuine high quality protective leather sheath with snap fastener. The integrated belt loop allows you to carry the knife securely and safely on your belt
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA
MOSSY OAK 2-pieces Bowie Knife Fixed Blade Hunting Knives with Leather Handle
- ✅ SPECIFICATIONS: Large Knife Overall Length:10-1/2”, Blade Length: 6”, Weight: 0.15 lbs; Small Knife Overall Length: 8”, Blade Length: 4”, Weight: 0.15 lbs
- ✅ RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE: Blades feature excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance for lasting durability, good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- ✅ FULL TANG STACKED LEATHER HANDLE: Deliver excellent strength, with grip ridges for safe and comfortable handling, provides balance with brass pommel / guard, non-slip grip to use
- ✅ IMPACT NYLON SHEATH: Provide with guard and belt loop for safe and secure carry with easy access
- ✅ PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR & COLLECTION: Not suitable for batoning firewood nor chopping wood. Suitable for various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and other outdoor situations
MOSSY OAK 14-inch Bowie Knife, Full-tang Fixed Blade Wood Handle with Leather Sheath
- ✅ KNIFE DIMENSIONS - Overall Length: 14 inch (355 mm); Blade Length: 8-1/2 inch (215 mm); Handle Length: 5-1/2 inch (140 mm); Blade thickness: 3.7 mm; Handle Thickness: 53/64 inch (21 mm); Weight: 14 oz
- ✅ RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 3CR13 blade has excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance for lasting durability, good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- ✅ FULL-TANG WOOD HANDLE - Classic design handle made of rosewood, provides comfortable grip and balance with brass pommel / guard, non-slip grip to use
- ✅ GENUINE LEATHER SHEATH WITH SNAP FASTENER - High quality protective sheath with integrated belt loop for safe and secure carry with easy access
- ✅ APPLICABLE OCCASIONS - Suitable for various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and outdoor situations
Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops SWA24S 7.1in S.S. Folding Knife with 3.1in Serrated Clip Point Blade and Aluminum Handle for Outdoor, Tactical, Survival and EDC
- DIMENSIONS: 7.1 inch (18 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.1 inches (7.9 cm) and a weight of 3.5 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel with a black, aluminum handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip, finger flipper and ambidextrous thumb knobs making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the liner lock
- BE PREPARED: Knife features jimping
Tac-force Extra Large Grey 10.5" Folding Blade Spring Assisted Open Pocket Knife
KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife, Straight
- 1095 Cro-van steel. Edge Angles - 20 Degrees
- 7" Straight Edge Blade
- The most famous fixed blade knife design in the world
- Overall length 11.875 inches
- The most famous fixed blade knife design in the world
- 1095 Cro-van steel
- Leather Handle, USMC Fightning Knife
- 7" Straight Edge Blade
- Knife Made in USA, Leather Sheath made in Mexico
7 Tools for Sharpening Your Hunting Knife and Axe
This article discusses seven tools that can be used to sharpen your hunting knife an axe.
Hunting knives and axes are essential tools and therefore must be kept sharp. Some folks opt to take their tools to a professional sharpener and others prefer to do it themselves. Doing it yourself is really not that difficult or expensive. The hardest part is wading through all the sharpening tools available in order to decide what one you want to use. With that said, here's a quick rundown on a few of them:
1. Pedal Grindstone
Using a pedal grindstone is one of my favorite ways to sharpen hunting tools because it reminds me of my childhood. My grandfather kept a pedal grindstone in the basement and he used it to sharpen all sorts of instruments. I remember climbing up onto the seat for the first time and trying to reach the treadles. I thought it was a funny looking bicycle. I was quickly informed that it wasn't a bike, it was a tool. Nowadays, most people refer to them as artifacts and use other sharpening methods instead. However, there are a few working pedal grindstones still out there. That's why I included it on the list.
2. Water Stones
Water stones come in two basic varieties, synthetic and natural. They work well when used indoors or out in the woods because you use them with water and not oil. Oil can be a bit messy to use depending on where you are working. You can use water stones to remove burrs as well as sharpen blades. They also come in various grits. Basically, you rub the blade against the stone in order to sharpen it. You can typically pick one up online through a specialty retailer for $15 to $75.
3. Oil Stones
Oil stones are similar to water stones, only you use them with oil. They tend to retail online for $21 to $35 each and may be used for sharpening as well as removing burrs. Some companies also make combination stones.
4. Grinding Wheels
Grinding wheels are used with a grinding machine. The motorized wheel makes the sharpening process go quickly. However, sharpening your hunting tools with a grinding wheel can get pricey. This is especially the case if you don't already have a grinder in your tool arsenal. Grinding wheels vary in price but can cost more than $50 a piece depending on the grit selected.
5. Leather Strops
Leather strops may also be used to sharpen some hunting knives but generally only work as a finishing option. Instead of investing in a $16 piece of leather strop, some hunters opt to use cheap leather belts in a pinch. The belts will work just as long as you treat them liberally with oil first. Personally, I'd suggest sticking with the leather strop unless you have no other choice.
6. Mill Files
Mill files tend to come in handy when you want to smooth out edges or repair damaged areas on axes. They are typically used in conjunction with a vice. The vise is used to hold the blade in place during the sharpening process. Prices for mill files typically start at $10.
Steels can be a hunter's best friend when it comes to periodic sharpening while field dressing game. They are easy to carry and easy to use. All you need to do is place the tip of the blade firmly against the steel. Then push the blade forward until the base of the blade touches the steel. Repeat the procedure several times on each side of the blade until it is sharp. Prices for knife sharpening steels generally start around $10.
Killeen Gonzalez enjoys the great outdoors with her family and has traveled extensively.