Best Recurve Bow For Elk Hunting in 2022
Tule Elk, Central CA
BIG PRICK Broadhead Arrowhead 100 grain - 6PK fixed 3-blade screw-in hunting archery tip for compound bows and crossbows - razor sharp and perfect for deer, elk and turkey - 1-1 1/8â€ cutting diameter
- 3 RAZOR SHARP STAINLESS STEEL BLADES to cut everything! EVERYTHING!
- HIGHLY DURABLE ANODIZED ALUMINUM SCREW-IN SHAFT because if you are going to be a BIG PRICK you better be damn tough!
- PERFECTLY BALANCED 100 GRAIN WEIGHT so your BIG PRICK only goes where you want it to go.
- 1-1/4" CUTTING DIAMETER HEAD so you can punch a big ol’ hole in that beast!
- IDEAL FOR COMPOUND BOWS, CROSSBOWS AND RECURVE BOWS. Pretty much all the bows that help you kill things.
Bowtote Handsfree Archery Sling for Traditional Bows. Longbow, Self Bow, Recurve Bow, Elk Hunting
- Handsfree Sling For Traditional Bows
- Fully Adjustable. Fits up to 72 inch bow
- Works with right and left handed bows
- Lightweight and portable for travel
- Easy to attach and remove from bow
Arrow Broadhead 125 Grain Fixed Blades Stainless Steel, 2 Blades, for Crossbow Recurve Bow, Outdoor Hunting Broadhead 5 Pack
- Precision weight: 125 grain +/- 1 grain
- 100% spin testing to make sure fly straight and hit accurately
- Stainless steel blades with high penetration
- 2 razor sharp blades, can be resharpened
- If you are not satisfied with our broadhead, we provide full refund guarantee within 30 days
Tenpoint Titan M1 370 FPS Rope Sled Crossbow with Pro-View 3 Scope and NAP Hunting Broadheads Bundle
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: TenPoint Titan M1 370 FPS Crossbow with ProView 3 Scope and Rope Sled Kit and 3 x NAP Redneck Fixed Blade Crossbow Broadheads (3-Pack, 1-1/8" Cutting Diameter)
- 370 FPS BOLT SHOOTING SPEED: The TenPoint Titan M1 Crossbow is capable of shooting arrows at the speed of 370 FPS
- T5 TRIGGER: The T5 trigger has an advanced dry-fire inhibitor and auto-engaging safety. It is one of the critical components in making the smoothest shooting ever. It features a string latch design that helps in reducing friction and delivers a clean, crisp, and consistent break shot after shot
- VX-5 INVERTED CAMS: The VX-5 inverted cams elongates the power-stroke and increases rotation. It delivers devastating speeds and lethal accuracy shot-after-shot
- ALPHA-NOCK TECHNOLOGY: Custom Alpha-Nock increases string-to-nock engagement by 28% for excellent downrange accuracy
Alpine Innovations Slicker Sight Guard Crossbow Scope Housing, Waterproof Hunting Gear, Sportsman Archery Accessories, Camo Wrap - Bow Sight (Alpine Mountain Camo)
- GREAT FOR ALL HUNTING TRIPS: Our bow scope covering is the perfect addition to any archery/hunting tool set. Whether you are hunting deer, ducks (waterfowl), elk, turkeys, coons, pheasant, doves, pigs, or hogs your sight will stay protected and clean. Whether you hunt in the mountains, forests, or other locations, your bow sight pins will be protected whether you have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 pins.
- HIGH-QUALITY EQUIPMENT: Our camo scope covers are made of a heavy-duty, water-resistant material similar to neoprene to keep your scope’s optics clear and ready for use whether you are using your bow or compound bow for hunting or tactical purposes. No need to have low-quality bulky caps or other types of scope protection.
- PROTECT FROM WEATHER CONDITIONS: Our scope coat is the perfect addition to any set of bow equipment. It acts as a heavy-duty weather shield and blocks wind, rain, cold weather, and other natural conditions you may encounter when using your bow outdoors in the elements. It is easy to quickly place and remove with one hand. When not in use the cover wraps snuggly around the scope for storage.
- EASY STORAGE AND PROTECTION: Each of our 2 camo-patterned sight covers is fun, compact, and can be stored on your scope to save you space and make sure that it doesn’t get lost. This also makes your new camouflage sight shield easily accessible. It can also be stored in your bow case for easy access and compact storage with other items in your hunting accessories kit.
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Works with all bow scopes including Predator, Coyote, Drake, and Hawk brands. It also works with pistol, magnifier, and rangefinder scopes with or without lights. Can be used by men and women, boys and girls, children, youth, and adults. This makes it a cool gift for anyone. Able to stay securely in place.
Killer Instinct Crossbows Hero 380 Crossbow Kit
PG1ARCHERY Traditional Archery Recurve Longbow, Basic Handmade Black Leather Horsebow Long Bow Left and Right Handed for Hunting Practice Target 80lbs
- Wooden and fiberglass material bow body with black cowhide leather wrapped, non-slipped, modern and durable
- Draw length: 28-33 inch
- Right and left handed
- Bow Draw Weight: 20 pounds, 25 pounds, 30 pounds, 35 pounds,40 pounds, 45 pounds, 50 pounds, 55 pounds, 60 pounds, 65 pounds, 70 pounds, 75 pounds, 80 pounds, 85 pounds, 90 pounds, 95 pounds, 100 pounds, 105 pounds, 110 pounds
- Package: 1 recurve bow, 1 black bow bag
Carbon Express Maxima RED Fletched Carbon Arrows with Dynamic Spine Control and Blazer Vanes, Size 350, 6-Pack
- LAUNCHPAD PRECISION NOCK - Launchpad Precision Nocks come standard on all Maxima RED arrows and shafts to deliver a controlled arrow release, better shaft alignment and more consistent accuracy shot after shot.
- DYNAMIC SPINE CONTROL - Patented hi-tech carbon material construction that manages Dynamic Spine in a new way to make broadheads fly better. Maxima RED uses different carbon materials to control arrow flex to the RED ZONE.
- REAL STRAIGHTNESS - Laser checked for straightness to a remarkable 1/10,000 of an inch; Straightness of +/- 0.0025-inches is a maximum measurement, not an average
- ITEM SPECIFICATIONS: 350-Size, 9.07-GPI, 0.342 spine, 0.300-inch Diameter, 31.5" length, and a weight tolerance of ± 1.0 grain
- MATCHED SET - 6-pack of red and black finished blazer vanes are sorted and matched by weight and spine for best-in-class consistency
Compound Bow Hunting, Carrying, Sling, Realtree AP
- Fully adjustable to fit any bow up to 35" in length
- Padded ends to protect cams
- Removable padded shoulder stap and fixed handle to carry however you're comfortable
- D-ring to quickly connect to treestand
- Waterproof Realtree AP camo fabric
How to Hunt for Caterpillars
It’s not a sport you can watch on the Sports Channel, it’s not an event you’ll hear about on the evening news, but caterpillar hunting is fun and rewarding for people of all ages.
It's not a sport you can watch on the Sports Channel, it's not an event you'll hear about on the evening news, but caterpillar hunting is fun and rewarding for people of all ages.
Caterpillars are baby butterflies and are often just as colorful and fascinating as their parents. For protection, many caterpillars hide in nests they construct to look just like a portion of their host plant, while others ingeniously use camouflage to blend in with their surroundings.
Where to Hunt
A vegetable garden is the best place to hunt for caterpillars. Vegetable plants like carrots, dill, fennel and parsley are favorite foods of many caterpillars and their 'flying flower' parent will alight on these garden plants and deposit a couple of eggs. Swallowtails will deposit eggs on garden plants and the ensuing caterpillars will look like a bird droppings on plant leaves.
Ants Lead the Way
Caterpillars of the blue or hairstreak flying flower can be found by following a trail of ants. These caterpillars are the same shade of green as their host plant's leaves (cherry and willow trees, blueberries and peas), but they leave behind a moist, sugary trail that attracts ants.
The red admiral, Milbert's tortoiseshell and eastern comma caterpillars can be found in the rolled leaves of nettle plants. Look for rolled or folded leaves during the daylight and gently unfold the leaves to reveal the developing butterfly hidden inside or use a flashlight and visit the nettle patch at night to watch the caterpillars feeding. All three species are dark colored and have a multitude of spines.
Some caterpillars 'hide' in plain view with their bright colors making them easily visible. These brightly colored caterpillars, like those of the monarch butterfly, are toxic to predator, so they don't have to hide. Look for the yellow, white and black banded monarch caterpillar on milkweeds.
Watch the Butterflies
Observe what plants butterflies in your area land on. Identify the plant species then go hunt for caterpillars on those plants in your landscape. Inspect the leaves, flowers or fruit for signs of feeding and if you find them, then look in and under the leaves for the caterpillars.
If you want to witness (and share with children) the amazing transformation from caterpillar to butterfly, do not touch a discovered cocoon. Snip 6-8 inches of the branch off that is hosting the cocoon, then place the branch in a clear, vented container in the same manner as it was on the plant (upright, diagonal or horizontal). An old terrarium, aquarium or a clear glass jar works nicely. Place leaves inside the container from the host plant, then watch and wait for the transformation.