Best Shells For Waterfowl Hunting in 2022
HUNTSHIELD Menâ€™s 3-in-1 Waterfowl Jacket | Real Tree Max-5 Water-Resistant Hunting Jacket | Camo | Medium
- REALTREE MAX-5: Built with waterfowlers in mind, our Realtree MAX-5 camouflage is filled with cattails, reeds, cane and grasses to blend into flooded marshes. Perfect for open areas that mimic mud, water, bark and shadows.
- 3-IN-1: Our 3-in-1 jacket features an outer shell, as well as a removeable inner layer for cooler hunting seasons. Both can be worn or each on its own depending on season, temperature, and situation.
- WATER-RESISTANT: Fully taped seams and durable water-resistant zipper pockets help keep you dry during wet rainy seasons and cooler mornings.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: Designed with a removable hood, and elbow padding with nicely laid out magnetic pockets that reduce noise when reaching for calls and shells.
- BREATHABLE: Underarm zipper ventilation helps regulate temperature during warmer weather and heavy movement. Designed with breathable fabric which helps regulate body temperature.
Allen Company Waterfowl Camo Shotgun Shell Belt, Holds 25 Shells
- Holds 25 3. 5" Shotgun shells
- Adjustable up to 58"
- Real tree Max Camo
- Adjustable side release buckle
- Neoprene fabric
Wildfowler Waterproof Power Parka
- WATERPROOF: 100% polyester breathable multi-layer shell
- GAME POUCH: Doubles as waterproof seat
- SHELL HOLDER POCKETS: 2 Large shell pockets with extra space
- CALL POCKET: Easy reach call pocket
- HAND WARMER POCKETS: for cool days
Spent Shells: My Hunting Days and Habitats
Fold'em Gear FlxSHOT Shotgun Shell Holder with Shell-Loc (TM) Technology
- Uses Patent Pending magnetic Shell-Loc (TM) technology -- rare earth magnets hold shells securely in place
- Holds 12, 16, 20 gauge shells -- 2.0" to 3.5"
- "Reload in less than a second" -- place on forearm, waders, belt, gun bag for quick reloading or shell selection
- Elastic hook and loop strap included (one size fits all) -- MOLLE compliant clip system
- Swapping shells and reloading has never been easier
Drake MST Endurance Soft Shell Hoodie (Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Blades) (Medium)
Hardcore Brands H2 Classic Cap, Waterfowl Hunting, Soft Shell Face, Windproof, Heritage Style, Outdoor - One Size - Mossy Oak Blades
- WATERFOWL HUNTING: Made specifically for waterfowl hunting.
- FLEX STRETCH SHELL: Poly/spandex blend provides durable soft shell face.
- WINDPROOF: The specially made polyester resists wind to keep you warm.
- CLASSIC STYLE: This cap is in the classic heritage style.
- OUTDOOR: Designed for outdoor to keep you camouflaged during hunts.
Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Blades Pattern Neoprene Shell Belt
- Adjusts to 58"
- Holds 25 Shot shells up to 3' 1/2" long
- Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Blades
Air II Blind Bag-MAX5
- 14" x 8" x 8" - 728 cubic inches of storage capacity
- Heavy-duty 900D exterior fabric is weather and tear resistant
- Zippered side pouch for easy gear access
- Protected inner storage area with zippered cover
- Inner mesh quick dry storage compartment
Best Places to Goose Hunt in Oklahoma
Finding a good place to goose hunt in Oklahoma can be challenging, but these places have always produced for Oklahoma waterfowlers.
I have been an avid waterfowl in Oklahoma since I was a young boy. I love waking up on a cold morning getting out to my local honey hole and being able to shoot some ducks and geese all morning. At times the honey hole doesn't always produce so I was forced to find some other public places for me to have a successful hunt. While shooting ducks is extremely fun, I have always enjoyed the challenge of shooting a big Canadian goose. These animals are a little bit smarter than ducks so harvesting one of them take a little skill and a little luck. The most important factor is finding out where the geese are feeding. Most of the time the geese will be out on the field all day and then roost on a large body of water. For this reason it makes the western part of Oklahoma much more conducive to seeing geese than the Eastern part where the terrain does not allow for much farming. After a few years of trial and error here is my list of the best public places to find geese in Oklahoma
This area has produced some of the best goose hunts of my life. Located just west of Anadarko in western Oklahoma there is plenty of agriculture around for the geese to just pile in. The only problem is that when in a serious drought there is not much water out there. Your best bet would be to ask around and see if you can get on a field hunt in this area.
Sooner Lake is one of the best places to see waterfowl in the state. Not only is this a great place to shoot geese at certain times of the year you will also find thousands of ducks on this lake throughout the year. Located just north of Stillwater, it is under two hours from both the Tulsa and Oklahoma City metro areas.
Mountain Park is a long drive from most of the major areas of the state but it is worth it if you are looking for a great goose hunt. It is located in southwest Oklahoma in Kiowa county. There are plenty of agriculture fields in this area that bring in thousands of wintering geese. It is best to hunt here midweek so you will not be surrounded by other hunters that can ruin a good hunt.
If you are an avid hunter in Oklahoma and cannot seem to find the geese I would urge you to check out the areas I have listed, you won't be disappointed.