Best Shock Collar For Hunting Dogs in 2022
PetSpy M686 Premium Dog Training Shock Collar for Dogs with Vibration, Shock and Beep, Rechargeable and Waterproof E-Collar Remote Trainer
Shock Collar for Dogs - IPX7 Waterproof Dog Shock Collar with Remote IPX5 3000ft Range Dog Training Collar Fast Training Effect for Small Medium Large Dog
- EXTRAL LONG LIFE Rechargeable Battery Life：Built-in rechargeable lithium battery to the remote controller and receiver, general USB charging line can charge the remote controller and receiver at the same time. After 2-hour fully charging, this shock collar for dogs is able to work 3-6 days, remote 6-12 days
- SOFT SAFER CONDUCTORS dog shock collar with remote: The upgraded receiver features thicker and longer contact points which ensure better contact with dog skin and conduction to stop bad behavior timely.Unlike detachable metallic conductors that could rust or hurt your dog,ours are made of soft conductive silicone to prevent dog’s skin damage, humane and ultra-safe
- BLIND OPERATION DESIGN dog training collar:Separate Command Buttons，Touch distinguishing design is achieved by different surface designs on the buttons and the concave-convex design around the button area ,Send out training commands without looking at the transmitter. Lanyard can be worn on the neck or hand easy to train 3 training modes, Beep, Vibration and Shock, the intensity level of shock can be adjusted from 1 to 16
- DURABLE LIGHTWEIGHT & WATERPROOF:This dog shock collar comes with an LCD display remote controller with an effective range of up to 3000 ft,easily train your dog in your backyard or at long distances like the park.100% waterproof (IPX7) puppy shock collar receiver lets your dog enjoy a refreshing swim in the lake or pool
- BASIC OBEDIENCE TRAINING:Use bark collar which can cut the belt for different dog size,to help control problems such as jumping up, digging, chasing, rash raiding ,bark and other disobedience. From sit and shake, to stay and heal, your dog training collar with remote device does it all. The remote has a white back light for low light condition viewing
SportDog - SD-425 - Camo WetlandHunter for Large or Stubborn Dog Waterproof Shock Training Collar
- Range: up to 500 yards.
- 7 instantly selectable static stimulation levels with medium/high stim ranges. Option to train with vibration and tone.
- Designed for dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5" - 22".
- Waterproof and submersible to 25 feet.
SportDOG Brand FieldTrainer 425S Stubborn Dog Remote Trainer - 500 Yard Range - Waterproof, Rechargeable Training Collar with Tone, Vibration, and Shock
- The SportDog SD-425S Field Trainer offers all the features of the SD-425, but is designed for tougher, more stubborn dogs. Ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with dogs that hunt close.
- The SportDog SD-425S should be used for dogs that are 8 pounds and up. Fits neck sizes 5-22 inches
- Expanded to control up to 3 dogs without losing Tone or Vibration Feature. 500 Yard range For Stubborn Dogs
- Two hour charge. 100 % DRY TEK waterproof & submersible collar & transmitter
- Low battery indicator on both transmitter & receiver
SportDOG Brand YardTrainer Family Remote Trainers - Rechargeable, Waterproof Dog Training Collars with Static, Vibrate, and Tone, 100 Yard Range - YT-100
- 100-yard range e-collar that supports training 1 dog
- Choose to train with vibration (buzz), tone (beep), or 8 levels of static simulation
- Waterproof and submersible to 25 feet using DryTek technology
- Lithium ion, rechargeable batteries feature a 2-hour quick charge, and a low battery indicator lets you know when to charge
- Fits dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5" - 22"
- Features 1-year warranty and a locally based Customer Care Center available at 844-209-4636 to answer any questions
PetSpy P620B Dog Training Shock Collar for 2 Dogs with Vibration, Electric Shock, Beep; Fully Waterproof Remote Trainer with Two E-Collars, 10-140 lbs (for 2 Dogs)
- PREMIUM DOG TRAINING COLLAR- convert your dog's behavior within days or get your Money Back; prime collar for Expert Trainers & first time Dog Owners
- 3 TRAINING MODES - Electric Shock, Vibration, and Beep trainer with 16 adjustable levels for dogs with different sensitivity and weight
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY and 24/7 Customer Support Guarantee - buy it Risk Free; good for all dog breeds from 10-140 lbs - Rechargeable and Waterproof dog training collar
- BLIND OPERATION DESIGN for easy and effective dog training with Touch Distinguishing Buttons; Remote collar range is up to 650 yards
- FREE DOG TRAINING GUIDE - get free e-book with your order; watch very helpful training and operational videos about electronic shock collars
SportDOG- SD-825 - SportHunter Long Distance Hunting Dog Waterproof Shock Training Collar
Petrainer Shock Collar for Dogs - Waterproof Rechargeable Dog Training E-Collar with 3 Safe Correction Remote Training Modes, Shock, Vibration, Beep for Dogs Small, Medium, Large
- 3 Training Modes : Bark collar with remote for static stimulation & vibration and standard tone mode
- Put an End to Bad Behaviors : Can be used to correct barking, leash training & behavioral obedience
- Waterproof Receiver : Rechargeable, waterproof dog e collar receiver & transmitter can be charged
- Remote Range : Remote dog training collar is designed with RF434Mhz technology range up to 330 yards
- Skin Friendly : Soft silicone covers for contact points protect your pet's skin
Garmin Delta XC Bundle - dog training device
- LONG/SHORT CONTACTS : Includes long and short changeable/replaceable contact points ; Collar compatibility: 1.9 centimeter (0.75 inch)
- STIMULATION LEVELS : Improved stimulation levels; features 18 levels of momentary and continuous stimulation, plus tone and vibration
- RANGE : Gives 1/2 mile range capability to correct your dog’s behavior while out in the field
- TRAINING CONFIGS : 3 correction/training configurations for different behavioral issues; Train 1, 2 or 3 dogs, settable on the handheld (with purchase of additional dog devices)
- DURABILITY : Rugged, compact 3 button handheld controller and dog device with water rating of IPX71.Water rating: yes (IPX7)
SportDOG FieldTrainer SD-425 Training e-Collar - DryTek Waterproof Receiver - 7 Adjustable Levels of Correction. - 500 Yards Remote Trainer.
- The SportDOG Training e-Collar should be used for dogs that are 8 pounds and up. Fits neck sizes 5-22 inches.
- 7 instantly selectable stimulation levels with low/medium ranges. Tone and vibration options.
- DryTek waterproof and submersible to 25 feet. Range of Up to 500 yards.
- Rechargeable Li-Ion. 2-hour quick charge. Low battery indicator on both transmitter & receiver. Battery life is estimated at 40 - 80 hours.
- Expandable up to 3 dogs.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shock Collars for Dogs
Are shock collars a good training tool for your dog? Find out what the experts say.
Shock collars allow owner to correct their dogs right away for unwanted or inappropriate behaviors. Some unwanted behavior is just irritating in dogs, like when dogs jump up on people or bark at other dogs on walks, but other behavior can be risky, like if dogs behave aggressively toward other dogs or if they run into the road. Shock collars provide a safe and immediate way to correct such behaviors. While the shocks feel unpleasant, they are not terribly painful and they should not cause any physical harm to dogs. Although they don't work for all dogs, they do for many.
Some experts feel shock collars are not the best way to correct dogs. For instance, the Partnership for Animal Welfare says there are other ways to train dogs that are kinder and more effective. One issue is that dogs are likely to misunderstand what triggers the pain of the shock collar. For instance, if you are walking your dog and he sees another dog across the street and begins to bark and receives a shock, he may think the other dog caused the shock and not realize that he received a shock for barking inappropriately. Then he may act frightened around other dogs in the future, which is not desirable behavior.
The Bottom Line
There are both advantages and disadvantages to using shock collars for dogs. They are often an effective training tool but there are other ways you can train your dog, which may work even better. While the shocks should not be terribly painful they are uncomfortable, and some people feel using shock collars is not very humane.
Talk to an experienced dog trainer or ask your vet about the best methods for training your dog. If you do decide to use a shock collar, get advice from an experienced dog trainer about the best way to use it so you will experience the greatest success and the fewest unwanted side effects. Stop using the shock collar and consult with an experienced trainer right away if you notice undesirable effects, such as your dog becoming anxious or fearful around other dogs after being corrected for barking at other dogs.