Best Tracking Collars For Hunting Dogs in 2022
Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle, Includes Handheld and TT 15 Dog Device, Multi-dog Tracking GPS and Remote Training Device in One
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS. Display size is 1.53 wide x 2.55 high in inches and 3 inch diagonal
- Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100k maps.LED beacon lights and Rescue mode as well as Stimulation levels-Tone and Vibration
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Display type : transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- Setup virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert, automatically sends signal to recall
- 1-inch black collar strap, 5-inches standard and 13-inches extended range antennas
Garmin Astro 430/T 5 Dog Tracking Bundle
- Expanded dog capability - track up to 20 dogs from a range of up to 9 miles
- GPS/glonass - high-sensitivity GPS and glonass satellite reception has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Preloaded mapping - includes preloaded topo U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1-year birdseye satellite imagery subscription
- Hunt metrics - hunt metrics dog performance data shows distance traveled, time afield and more, so you can train your dog more effectively.Optional battery - optional in-unit rechargeable nimh battery Pack or uses standard AA battery power
- Dimension(inches):2.4 x 6.3 x 1.4. Battery life - up to 20 hours (Astro 430)
Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS;Range: 9 miles
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode. Neck size: Minimum of 9.5 Inch (24 cm) in circumference
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters); Collar compatibility: 1” (2.54 cm)
- T 5 tracking dog device w/ rechargeable Li-ion battery, 1" blue collar strap, 18 1/2 " standard & 22 1/2 " extended range antennas, charge clip,
Dogtra Pathfinder 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS Tracking & Training E-Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, Free Satellite Map
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track and train your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking GPS e-collar.
- DESIGN: With convenience in mind, the PATHFINDER is sleek and simple. Featuring two buttons (Power/Select & Connect) on the remote, you can connect to the receiver with ease.
- CORRECTIONS: The PATHFINDER utilizes corrections and audible tone to track and train your dog. With up to 100 correction levels, the PATHFINDER sends the correction through the receiver and is great for keeping your dog on track during the hunt.
- DOG SIZING: This GPS e-collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With a high output and the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Garmin TT 15 Dog Device
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS. Neck size- Minimum of 9.5 inch (24 cm) in circumference
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode as well as Stimulation levels-Tone and Vibration
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Range : 9 miles. Water rating : 1 ATM (10 meters)
- TT 15 track and train dog device w/ rechargeable Li-ion battery, 1" red collar strap, 18 1/2 " standard & 22 1/2 " extended range antennas, charge clip, AC adapter, vehicle power cable, contact point set w/ wrench, manual
Tractive 3G GPS Dog Tracker â€“ Dog Tracking Device with Unlimited Range
- Subscription Plan needed – starting at only $ 4. 99/ month with different subscription plans available. Similar to your cellphone, this low fee ensures you the best cellular service possible with an integrated SIM CARD.
- Tractive Dog GPS tracker – lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device, recommended for pets above 9 pounds. For safe dogs The robust GPS pet Finder easily attaches to any collar or harness.
- Live tracking with your Tractive Dog Finder – pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and share it with family and friends. The full location History of your pet is just one of many special features.
- Safe zone = safe DOG – define a safe area with the virtual fence feature & get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- Worldwide location tracking – use your Tractive GPS dog collar attachment in over 150 countries; manage all features and access your pet’s location via the free Tractive GPS app or in any browser. Tractive has no range limitation unlike many other Bluetooth GPS finders. Tractive GPS devices are IPX7 waterproof and shock resistant
- Rechargeable battery – the dog GPS tracker recharges in only 2 hours with a battery life of 2-5 days.
PetFon Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control For Dogs And Pets Activity Monitor
- 🐕REAL-TIME TRACKING,NO MONTHLY FEE:Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning. The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet's activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The feature,WiFi assisted location uses Google big data interface, it might cause an inaccurate positioning due to the delayed update of Google WiFi hot
- 🐕EASY TO USE,LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet's activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The embedded high-gain, laser carving antenna amplifies signal, making it capable of tracking ranges up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment.But if you are using it in areas with dense metal,dense forests,bushes,or similar environm
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet's location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.The speaker on Petfon Tracker emits up to 70 decibels of sound.
- 🐕RAINPROOF,LONG STANDBY TIME: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker's battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕NOTE: The Petfon GPS Tracker is optimized to let you track your pet during walks - it is not designed for indoor tracking or remote monitoring. Tracking may not be accurate in these conditions (like all uses of GPS).Please don't try to track your pets when you are inside the house with pets running outside, the performance could not be guaranteed, the connection could be very unstable due to massive obstructions between controller and tracker.
SportDOG Brand TEK Series 1.5 GPS Tracking System - 7 Mile Range - Waterproof and Rechargeable - Expandable to Locate up to 12 Dogs
- US version only; This GPS dog finder receives and displays your dog's GPS Collar location, along with your location, on the Handheld Device's screen
- The Handheld Device features a tilt-compensated compass and backlit LCD screen with an adjustable scale from 100 yards to 75 miles
- Featuring HopTek technology, this location system uses GPS satelites, not cell service, to track your dog up to 7 miles away; Track up to 12 dogs with the purchase of TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking Add-A-Dog Collars (TEK-2L)
- View the direction and status of your dog; the Handheld Device will show the direction each dog is headed, how far they are from you, and whether they are moving or stopped
- The Handheld Device and GPS Collar are both waterproof and submersible, as well as rechargeable
- The included quick start guide, basic training manual and DVD, and a locally based Customer Care Center, reachable at 844-209-4636, provide support when you need it
- By designing our products in the field, with heat, cold, rain, snow, dust, mud, and wind in mind, SportDOG has become the most recognized brand in the electronic tracking and training categories, making the promise to always create "Gear The Way You'd Design It"
TKSTARÂ DogÂ GPSÂ TrackerÂ PetÂ FinderÂ DogÂ CollarÂ LocatorÂ SmartÂ PetÂ GPSÂ TrackerÂ RemoteÂ TrackerÂ GSM/GPRS/GPSÂ LongÂ StandbyÂ TrackingÂ -Â RealÂ TimeÂ AlertsÂ (BlackÂ Collar)
- Multi-Function:Access the units location via the APP or Website and monitor its location, movement, speed, route history and much more.FREE Tracking Web Platform by Tablet/Desktop PC & FREE APP.Search “ TKSTAR GPS” in Google Play Store and download it if the QR Code is not workable.This item use 2G GSM network,you can search on Amazon: SpeedTalk
- Fast GPS Location: The tracker will generally pinpoint dog`s location within 10 seconds. After the first time it locates him, it continually gives real time updates while tracking. It also shows your phone's location so you can see where he is in relation to you. The phone app provides all the information you need and is easy to use.
- Safety Zone:You can set a safe zone for your dog as small as 150'. It does not adjust to anything beyond a circle. The standard mode pings your dogs location about once every 10 min. Setting up your “Safe zone” enables you to protect your pet with a virtual fence that sends you an escape alert when they run away. This allows you to go about your day with the peace of mind knowing that you’ll be notified if your pet leaves the designated area.
- QUAD-BAND / GPS & LBS Service / Real Time Tracking / Shock Sensor / Geofence Alerts / Low Battery Alarm
- Long Standby 20 Days,Net weight:50g.Small dog cannot workable ,it`s a little bigger
Dogtra Pathfinder TRX 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS-Only Tracking Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, Free Satellite Map
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- NO CORRECTION: Dogtra’s PATHFINDER TRX tracking collar does not come with any correction and provides easy location sharing for dogs and dog owners. It’s fully waterproof and the most accurate and responsive way to track your dog without using any correction reinforcement training.
- UKC, AKC, and PKC APPROVED: This tracking collar is perfect for any working, hunting, or competitive situations and is approved for UKC, AKC, and PKC events, because there is no correction output on this GPS-only tracking collar.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER TRX provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking collar
- DOG SIZING: This tracking collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Tracking Dogs in the Iditarod
The Iditarod Trail Committee and volunteers work together, using many resources to keep track of each sled team.
Each team has their designated dogs. They cannot switch these out for other dogs along the trail. Officials assign each team a different color of paint, and mark the dogs with it. They put a small spot of paint on each dog's ear, shoulder, or hip. Veterinarians keep track of dogs in each team by the color of paint that is marked on them. Paint markers are checked at checkpoints along the trail.
Dogs are implanted with microchips that send out signals. If a dog gets loose on the trail, it can be found from the code that is transmitted. The purpose of the chip is to identify each dog. Since each chip has a completely different code on it, dogs can be monitored easily. Microchips are tiny, and do not hurt the dog when inserted. The chips are usually placed in the neck and shoulder area of each dog.
A large banquet is held before the Iditarod Race begins. At this gathering, mushers are given their starting numbers, armbands, truck passes, and dog tags. The mushers then attach the dog tag, which has the team number on it, to the dog's collar. Volunteers help coordinate this effort. Collar tags make it easier to keep track of dropped dogs throughout the race. If a musher has to leave his dog behind at a checkpoint, a checker will match numbers on the collar tag. The microchip will also be scanned before sending the dog back to Anchorage.
The Iditarod Air Force
This Iditarod Air Force is made up of volunteers. They fly their planes over the trail, keeping track of hazards, weather conditions, and sled teams. They also transport dropped dogs, and supplies. Pilots and their crews keep track of which dog goes where, so they can take them to their destination. They alert officials if they see a team in trouble, sending help as soon as possible.
Keeping track of sled dogs is hard work. Checkpoints have been set up along the trail to assist in this effort. A lot of paperwork is involved, as each competitor makes his way to Nome. After weeks on the trail, mushers are reunited with dropped dogs. They've all made it, thanks to the combined efforts of a great team.