Best Upland Hunting Jacket in 2022
Browning Upland Jacket, Field Tan, Large
Carhartt Men's Upland Field Jacket
- 8.5-ounce, 60% cotton/40% polyester Quick Duck® canvas
- Rain Defender® durable water repellent
- 3.5-ounce, 100% polyester lightly padded shooting shoulder
- Front-loading game bag pocket big enough for 3 roosters
- Back clean-out system
Browning Pheasants Forever Jacket, Large
- 12 oz., 100% cotton canvas
- Two-way front zipper with snap storm flap
Orvis Men's Upland Hunting Softshell Jacket, Tan/Blaze, X Large
- We improved our bestelling softshell jacket
- It delivers the perfect combination of moisture management, briar protection, breathability, and mobility
- Twice as durable and more breathable
- Designed specifically for unrestricted shooting motion
Beretta Mens Upland Light Jacket; Light Brown/Orange
- Ideal hunting jacket providing comfort; durablity and performance
- Lightweight design makes it comfortable to wear; the water-repellent mesh lining provides for superior dryness and breathability
- Panels provide high-visibility; keeping you safe in the field
- Pocket flaps provide enough storage room for extra equipment
- Ergonomic construction guarantees ease of movement
Gamehide Switchgrass Upland Field Bird Vest (Marsh Brown/Orange, X-Large)
- This vest is oversized and fits one size larger than size stated. Made to go over a jacket.
- Front shell holders with fabric gun protector
- Quilted shoulders for added comfort while shooting
- Durable cotton canvas fabric with quality stitching
- Extra large zippered slash pockets for extra shells and a blood proof game bag
Walls Men's Super Duck Insulated Coat, bark Brown, Large
- Classic work wear: 100 percent polyester rip stop diamond-quilted lining with 6-ounce insulation and energy orange stitching surrounded by a brushed duck outer and a fleece lined collar
- Sturdy functionality: center front zipper closure with hook and loop closure at storm flap, zippered chest pocket with reflective piping and lower double entry hand warmer pockets with scuffguard accents
- Quality and comfort: our jackets are made with quality, comfort and value in mind. Our products always have distinctive designs with attention to detail, such as concealed storm cuffs, articulated elbows and a drop tail
- Trusted name: over the past 75+ years, Walls has become known across the country as the go-to brand for rugged work wear, the industry leader for flame resistant work wear and the preferred outerwear for working ranchers and cowboys
- We make jeans, outerwear, school and work uniform, hunting apparel, sports shirts, hats, socks, boots, gloves, belts, eyewear, backpacks and more.
- Special Size Type-standard
Gamehide 3st Upland Front Loading Vest, Large, Multi
- Front and rear loading blood proof game bag
- Heavy duty fabric to withstand the toughest brush and briars
- Quilted left and right shoulder patches
- Large oversized dump pockets
- Reinforced stitching for years of Use and abuse
ArcticShield Men's Jacket, Orange, 2X-Large
- Retain patented heat retention technology for added warmth; waterproof, windproof, breathable
- Durable, breathable nylon outer shell, and quilted fleece lining in body and Hood. Nylon lining in the sleeves for easy on/off
- Loaded with zippered pockets; includes zippered underarm vents for venting when needed
- Detachable Hood with draw cord adjustment; adjustable wrist cuffs Tabs to seal out cold and wind
- Dovetail style rear
Carhartt Men's Upland Field Vest
Happy Antique Hunting at Happy Hunting
antique, Alameda, collectibles, vintage
Borensztein says she has had an interest in antiques and collectibles for some time. "I always enjoyed estate sales and antique shops as a child. My mother took me to those places often," she says. After working in several other fields, Borensztein says that, "I was really looking to move into work that I really enjoyed, and this is it."
That passion for collectibles and antiques comes through strongly at Happy Hunting. "Our inventory is constantly changing. Customers come in and they just love the stuff. They'll say, "You have a knack for having just the right things'", she says.
Borensztein also says that many customers appreciate the quality craftsmanship of the store's older items. "It's really true - they don't make things as they used to," she says. "I enjoy providing people with that value."
In fact, Borensztein says she enjoys meeting her customers more than any other aspect of the business. "I meet so many interesting people. And I swear, I have the greatest customers."
In return, Borensztein treats her customers well. "It really is all about the customers," she says. "We have flexible pricing and a layaway plan. We also have a wide variety of items, anything from 'shabby chic' to very high end, and everything in-between."
To ensure customers return, Borensztein makes sure her staff is very friendly. "Many of my customers tell me this is their favorite store, and the friendliness of the staff has a lot to do with that."
Customers may also linger a bit more once they are in the store. "I always make sure that our atmosphere is a real ï¿½plus'. We play a wide variety of music, from Leonard Cohen to Van Morrisson and more," she says.
Borensztein's instincts about what keeps customers happy are right on, gauging from the business' success. The store is now 9 years old as of May, 2020.
With all of the business' success, however, Borensztein also makes time to give back to the community. "We raise money for a charity called Time Out For Caregivers. The charity provides a break to the caregivers of special needs children, allowing them to go out to dinner, see a movie, or just have a break from providing care for their special needs child." Customers can donate items to Time Out For Caregivers at Happy Hunting. When the item is sold, one hundred per cent of the proceeds go to Time Out For Caregivers.
Happy Hunting is located at 1910-A Encinal Avenue in Alameda, and can be reached by phone at 522-2404. Store hours are usually 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.