10 Best Vortex Hunting Binoculars
Updated on: March 2023
Best Vortex Hunting Binoculars in 2023
Vortex DB-215 Optics Diamondback HD 10x42 Binoculars, Black
Vortex Optics Crossfire HD 10x42 Binoculars
- 10x magnification & 42mm objective lenses, these Crossfire HD binos are optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. Roof prism design is valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Adjustable eyecups twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. Center focus wheel adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time. Diopter (located on right eyepiece) adjusts for differences in a user's eyes.
- Rubber armor provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection. Binoculars are tripod adaptable allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
- Nitrogen purging and O-ring seals provide water and fogproof performance in all environments. Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
Vortex Optics Crossfire Roof Prism Binoculars 10x50
- 10x magnification and 50mm objective lenses, this Crossfire is a quality, performance driven binocular perfect for your next hunt. Fully multi-coated lenseses promote excellent light transmission and clarity for impressive views.
- A wide field of view and enhanced depth of field help you quickly find what you were looking for when scanning your environment.
- Twist-up eyecups, a smooth center focus wheel, and right eye diopter give you precise functionality.
- Rubber armoring with clean, sleek styling provides a durable non-slip grip.
- With nitrogen purging, you will be ready for all weather conditions with fogproof and waterproof barrels. Field of View: 320 feet/1000 yards|6.1 degrees
- Close Focus: 9.8 feet
Vortex Optics Viper HD Roof Prism Binoculars 10x50
- 10x magnification and 50mm objective lenses, the 2018 Viper HD is a high-end, full-size yet compact binocular that is suited for any hunt. An easy-to-grip, rubber armored chasis with perfectly placed thumb indents provides superior ergonomics.
- A high density optical system delivers exeptional resolution and edge to edge clarity. XR anti-relfective lens coatings give bright, full views even in low light situations.
- A locking, right-eye diopter tailors each barrels' focus to your eyes. The smooth, center focus wheel provides fine focus control and quick sharp views. Twist-up eyecups rest comfortably against the face and provide customized eye relief.
- Argon purging and o-ring seals provide a lifetime of waterproof and fogproof performance. Ultra-hard, scratch resistant armortek protects the exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
- In the field, you should have no trouble reaching them at a moment’s notice with the included GlassPak Chest Harness providing comfortable, protected, strain-free, all-day carry.
Vortex Optics Glasspak Binocular Harness
- Housing your binoculars and protecting them from the elements while keeping them close at hand is imperative when in the field. The vortex glass pak binocular harness will do just that
- It accommodates a range of full size binoculars, yet keeps them snug and secure the mesh side pockets holds calls, a lens pen, and other small items needing quick-access convenience
- Tethers attach to your binocular preventing accidental drops and the rear zippered pocket holds larger items such as a cell phone
- This pack weighs 8 oz and measures 6.75 x 6.25 x 3.75 inches
Vortex Optics Diamondback Roof Prism Binoculars 10x42
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses, these Diamondback binoculars are the workhorse of Vortex lineup; known for impressive optical quality and durability.
- Dielectric, fully multi-coated lenses transmit more light and clearer, brighter images. A field of view that is one of the largest in its class helps you efficiently glass your surroundings and identify your target.
- A sleek, short hinge design with rubber armor and thumb indents leaves more room for your hands creating an easier, secure, non-slip grip.
- Multi-position eyecups twist up for adjustable eye relief. A right eye diopter accomodates for focal differences in your eyes.
- Argon purging and rubber armor provide enhanced waterproof and fogproof performance in extreme weather conditions.Nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures
Vortex Optics Solo Monocular 10x36
- 10x magnification and 36mm objectives lens, the Solo Monocular is a small, lightweight optic with fully multi-coated lenses, increasing the light transmission and resolution giving you the clear, crisp images you want.
- The monocular is fully rubber armored providing a non-slip grip to the user and making it extremely durable.
- Nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed, the Solo delivers waterproof and fogproof performance in any environment.
- The adjustable eyecup allows for comfortable viewing with or without glasses.
- The 36mm Solo comes with a versatile, multi-position utility clip for quick attachment to your equipment or clothing.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 10x42 Roof Prism Binocular
- Roof prism full-size 10x42 binoculars provide 10x magnification through a 42mm objective lens.
- VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty means Vortex Optics will fix or repair at no cost to the customer, no questions asked.
- Multi-coated optics and phase corrected prisms
- Waterproof and fogproof protection
- Rainguard, tethered objective lens covers, comfort neck strap, and deluxe custom-molded carry case included in the box. Field of View: 345 feet/1000 yards|6.6 degrees
- Close Focus: 5 feet
- Objective Lens Diameter 42 mm
Vortex Optics Vanquish Reverse Porro Prism Binoculars 10x26
- 10x magnification and 26mm objective lenses, the Vanquish is one of Vortex Optics' smallest, lightest and most compact binoculars.
- Fully multi-coated lenses allow for increased light transmission and resolution through the binocular, giving you the clear, crisp images you want.
- Nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed, the Vanquish gives you a lifetime of waterproof and fogproof performance.
- Twist and lock eyecups can be adjusted to your personal preference.
- The binocular is fully rubber armored giving you added durability and a non-slip grip. Field of View: 294 feet/1000 yards|5.6 degrees
- Close Focus: 7.6 feet
- Material type: Aluminium
Vortex Optics Fury HD 5000 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Binoculars
- The Fury HD 5000 with 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses, is an extremely effective angle-compensated laser rangefinder binocular intended for hunters, archers and shooters.
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated distance that is ideal for the majority of hunters and shooters with either rifle or bow. An advanced LOS mode provides the option to calculate long distance, high angle shots with increased precision.
- Two target modes are available. Best Mode displays the strongest range result and is intended to be the primary mode. Last mode displays the furthest distance when ranging and is ideal for ranging targets behind potential obstructive objects.
- XR fully multi-coated, HD lenses and dielectric phase-corrected prisms serve up clear and impressive views from dawn til dusk.
- Nitrogen purged for water and fogproofing, along with a rubber armored housing for a solid grip provides a binocular that is shockproof and will stand up to extreme weather conditions. The Fury is tripod adaptable and can be used on a tripod or car window mount.
Second Hand Binoculars and Gun Scopes
Second hand binoculars and gun scopes are often better than the cheap ones bought new, but don't be afraid to test them out before you buy them.
While binoculars seem to be the standard choice of nature lovers they have another option, a gun scope. Gun scopes can be bought separately and can magnify an object in much the same way. Gun scopes will give a narrower field of view since they are meant to target a specific animal when used by hunters and they are meant for viewing with one eye instead of two. It might be quite interesting to use two gun scopes, one for each eye, as a sort of home made binocular.
Good binoculars and gun scopes can be bought second hand at pawnshops, flea markets and garage sales without an inflated price. But don't buy any one that you see just because its seems to be a better deal than a cheap pair in a store and it comes complete with a name brand to boot.
Test that second hand pair before you buy. Look through the binoculars or gun scope and adjust the magnification at the same time. The dials should operate without a hitch. If after you have stopped turning the dials the slightest touch or bump moves them then you will most likely have a hard time keeping a clear magnification. If the dial is too hard to turn then most likely you will be stuck with the same magnification for viewing everything with or you might wound up breaking it trying to turn it. Stay away from binoculars or gun scopes that have a dent in them. Dents can cause problems with the mountings that hold the lens in.
Inspect the glass. The tiniest scratch on the glass lens can show up as one gigantic line and distort viewing to the person looking through that particular pair of binoculars or gun scope. Look at the lens. You should be able to see a scratch. If a lens coat appears to have a wearing down of color then the lens probably contains scratches, which in most cases is caused from intense rubbing.