The Best Hunting Rain Gear in 2023
Compass 360 SportTek Waterproof Breathable Camo Suit (X-Large, Realtree Edge)
Columbia Men's Watertight II Waterproof, Breathable Rain Jacket, Black, X-Large
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Watertight II Jacket is crafted of a waterproof nylon shell durable enough to withstand anything from drizzle to downpour at a moment's notice.
- HANDY FEATURES: This rain jacket features an abrasion resistant chin guard, two zippered side pockets, elastic cuffs, and an elastic hem.
- COMFORT & WARMTH: Crafted of a waterproof 100% nylon shell, this rain jacket is lightweight while remaining protective. It also packs into your hand pocket.
- SNUG FIT: Elastic details and a zippered closure provide a snug, yet comfortable fit that allows for movement.
- OMNI-SHIELD - Go ahead, try and get dirty. Omni-Shield helps you stay clean and dry by resisting the absorption of liquids. Unlike most fabrics that absorb moisture, Omni-Shield repels moisture and dries quickly—avoiding stains and keeping you clean.
TideWe Rain Suit, Breathable Waterproof Durable Sport Rainwear (Max 5 Size L)
- Truly Waterproof - Keeps you dry despite light or heavy rains. The rain suit is guaranteed waterproof due to high density polyester, non-woven fabric and sealed seams. The TideWe rain suit provides innovative, lasting waterproof protection you can always rely on.
- Breathable and Comfortable - Sweat can upset your comfort and affect your performance in the outdoors. Our rain suit allows water molecules to escape from you so you will stay comfortable and dry.
- Made for You - We made the rain jacket versatile by adding an adjustable and detachable hood to it. Front zipper with storm flap keeps moisture outside the jacket. You can customize your fit easily, thanks to the adjustable elastic waist design and adjustable leg openings in the pants. Better still, it is easy to carry and store your suit with the air mesh bag.
- Made for the Outdoors - The versatile TideWe rain suit is an ideal choice for any outdoor activity you like. Fishing, camping, hiking, off roading and others alike. The TideWe rain suit is always there to keep you dry and comfortable, making every adventure a great memory.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - TideWe provides professional customer service before and after your purchase; Enjoy our 24 hour response guarantee.
FROGG TOGGS Men's Classic All-Sport Waterproof Breathable Rain Suit, Mossy Oak Break-up Country, Medium
- All-Sport Rain Suit includes a jacket and pant
- Made with Frogg Toggs breathable, non-woven fabric that is waterproof, wind-resistant, and lightweight
- Jacket features an adjustable, removable hood and a full-length parka-cut, open-waist design
- Jacket zipper is covered by a snap-down storm flap and elastic cuffs are provided to keep you dry
- Pant features an adjustable, elastic waist and adjustable leg openings
Foxelli Hooded Rain Poncho â€“ Waterproof Emergency Military Ponchos for Adults Camo
- BE PREPARED TO STAY DRY: Don’t let a sudden rain downpour get in the way of your camping weekend, fishing trip, outdoor music festival, or hiking excursion. Foxelli hooded rain poncho will keep you covered, so you may continue to enjoy all types of outdoor activities and events while remaining dry and comfortable.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION: Made of 210T high density PU3000MM coated polyester, Foxelli rain ponchos offer the absolute best protection in heavy rain and winds. It’s premium quality, tear-resistant material allows ponchos to be used for years to come, due to its supreme durability. Hood has a built-in cord adjuster to protect your face, while fasteners along the sides ensure a perfect fit.
- COMFORTABLE COVERAGE: Rain poncho’s long size - L 95” x W 55” – provides full coverage for adults, while our many color choices are fitting for both men and women. It’s wide and big enough to cover anyone wearing a 50L backpack, and will not restrict your movement while hiking, hunting, sight-seeing, or cheering on your favorite sports team.
- MORE THAN A PONCHO: Foxelli rain ponchos offer multiple uses and ways it can protect you from outdoor elements. Use it as a camping blanket or sleeping bag cover. You can also use it as tarp to cover your tent, or prop it up above as a sun shade. Poncho comes in a tiny 3.5” x 9” bag and weighs only 11 oz. Put it in your pocket, backpack or purse – it’s so lightweight and easy to carry, you won’t even think about it until it’s needed.
- BUY RISK-FREE: We are so confident that you’ll love our rain ponchos, that we offer a 120-day no questions asked - money back guarantee with one year warranty. If you’re not 100% satisfied – for any reason - we'll give your money back. Buy with confidence and click the "ADD TO CART" button now!
Kryptek Jupiter Camo Rain Jacket (Rain Gear Collection), Highlander, XL
- BATTLEFIELD TO BACKCOUNTRY - This is the stealthiest camo on the planet; Nearly invisible in action, Kryptek’s camo conjures a 3D appearance on a 2D surface with micro and macro layering; Using laser-retinal-tracking, the Department of Defense proved Kryptek camo is harder to detect than any other camo available
- THE JUPITER RAIN JACKET - When the weather turns and the rain picks up, this is the piece to have in your arsenal; It’s 100% waterproof, fully seam taped, highly breathable, and packs into its own pocket for stow-away convenience; There’s never a reason to leave it at home
- ALL-WEATHER UTILITY - Adjustable hood and cuffs for better fit and viability; Elastic drawcord hem; Ventilating pit zips; Pack pockets; Lined zipper guard eliminates zipper chafe; Kryptek 10/10 Waterproof/Breathable fabric, 2.5 laminate laminate
- RAIN GEAR COLLECTION - We match hunting appropriate textiles and features to optimize range of motion, durability, pack-ability and low acoustical signature; Highly waterproof, breathable, and fully taped; No compromise
- WARRANTY INCLUDED - Kryptek products are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of up to 1 year from the date of original purchase
LOOGU Rain Poncho, Waterproof Camouflage Rain Coat Outdoor Camo Shelter Ground Sheet
- Rain Poncho Material: 210T Ripstop Nylon+PVC Coating(Internal), Non-toxic and friendly to the environment(without Toxic glue). It will not fade after use for a long time.
- Adult Sized: Dimensions: 55" x 41" (L x W), come with an quality storage bag, can be closed for added protection from rain or be opened and spread out to utilize and maximize its coverage like use it as a tarp. Approx. 850g in carrying bag
- Multifunctional: Without doubt it's a rain poncho. It also Served as a bigger shelter, tent or ground sheet, or sleeping bag, or pack covers when you spread the rain poncho.
- Upgrade Version: The color of Woodland Camo, Green, Tree Camo have good zipper on neckline, solve the problem of head opening too small for some people.
- Camo Poncho for Hiking, Hunting, Riding, Fishing, Bird Watching, Camp Out, Moutaineering, Shoot.
Frogg Toggs Unisex-Adult Pro ActionCamo Jacket, Realtree Max5, Size X-Large
- Rain jacket with Frogg Toggs exclusive non-woven Classic fabric with Dri-Pore Gen 2 performance-matched waterproof/breathable technology with fully taped and sealed seams
- New open-waist design for greater versatility, performance and comfort
- E-Z push hood and hem push-button cord locks
- Molded polymer zippers
- Adjustable, tuck-away hood
- Front zip with snap-down storm flap
- Zippered hand-warmer pockets
Coleman .20mm PVC/Nylon Rain Suit
- 100% waterproof, durable, .20mm PVC/Nylon(nylon backed PVC)
- Heat-welded seams and a covered zipper prevent leaks
- Drawstring-adjustable hood for the perfect fit
- Snap-adjustable arm and leg cuffs
- Unisex design
- Adult size XL
Frogg Toggs Frogg Toggs Polly Woggs Waterproof Breathable Rain Suit, Youth, Realtree Max-5, Size Small Polly Woggs Waterproof Breathable Rain Suit, Realtree Max-5, Small
- Polly Woggs Youth Rain Suit includes a jacket and pant with purchase
- Jacket features an elastic wrist and full hood
- The jacket's full front zipper with snap-down storm flap helps keep moisture out
- Pants feature an adjustable, elastic waist
- Elastic ankle openings allow the pants to be easily pulled over rain boots or shoes
Islam and the West: At Odds: Culture Clash
This peice outlines the argument for Samuel Huntington's idea of the "Clash of Civilizations."
When looking at these definitions it is apparent that there is in fact a clash of civilizations occurring between the West and Islam. Those from the West and Muslims in the Middle East do not identify each other as sharing a common history, and certainly do not descend from the same geographic area. In addition, the West and Islam do not share common customs, languages, or religions. When looking further into the customs and religion of the West we can see that our society is built upon Christianity. This is evident in the principle of the separation of Church and State (Lewis 1). Differences in customs can be seen in the West's belief in ideals such as democracy and liberalism (Huntington 8).
If our civilizations are innately different, this can result in a clash due to the disparity in the fundamentally different ways we look at the world. One belief of the Islam that plays into this different viewpoint is that of good and evil. Muslims believe that they are the soldiers of God and they have a duty to dispel the world of evil. There are two houses in Islam: the House of Islam and the House of Unbelief. All that is within the house of Islam is of God and therefore good. In contrast, the House of Unbelief holds evil. If it is the duty of soldiers of God to eliminate the House of Unbelief, than Islam should encompass the world (Lewis 2).
However, it does not and this is a serious insult to Muslims. It is absurd that they should be dominated by infidels (Lewis 5). This insult is built on a struggle thousands of years old between the West and the Arab world. Islam was spreading until, in 1683, the Turks failed to capture Vienna for the second time, loosing any hope of conquering Europe and expanding further (Lewis 2). It is then that the seeds of rage for the West were laid. Western imperialism becomes synonymous with a missionary pushing western ideals and destroying Islam (Lewis 5). Then, these western ideals and customs begin to pervade the Islamic world, forcing the Muslim to lose control of his own country. Finally, these ideas invaded the Muslim world to the extent that the Muslim man no longer had control over his own home as women and children were liberated (Lewis 3).
When a conflict such as this occurs, countries of similar civilizations adopt what is called the "kin-country syndrome" (Huntington 6). For instance, the creation of Israel has bonded Middle Eastern nations under a common struggle against what they believe to be a government that oppresses Palestinian Muslims. During times of conflict especially, similar nations come together in common defense of what they believe is their whole way of life coming under attack (Huntington 6).
Once nations have banded together under a common identity, they aim to increase their civilization's security through economic and military power (Huntington 8). For example, recently Iran has been in a struggle to acquire nuclear weapons. Perhaps Iran is doing this under the Gulf War idea, "Don't fight the United States unless you have nuclear weapons." These types of situations only escalate the tension between civilizations further.
In the past, it has been the policy of the West, particularly the U.S., to encourage certain leaders in countries which we feel may be threat to our security. The leaders we back usually have western ideals on politics, society, and economics. The West supports these leaders because we hope that they will make an effort to modernize and Westernize Islamic nations. However, history has shown that many of these leaders turn out to be tyrannical and corrupt in their dealings with finances (Lewis 7). When these leaders are overthrown, as in the case of the Shah of Iran, a more extremist Muslim leader takes hold and rejects anything Western and in turn, anything modern. This leaves us back at square one where our civilizations continue to differ, and inevitably conflict.
Islam and the West are at odds. Without a concerted effort on the part of the Muslim world to modernize, our civilizations will never see eye to eye. As long as Islam and the West continue to exist, separate in culture and ethnicity, conflicts will continue to arise and blood will continue to be spilled.
Huntington, Samuel P. "The Clash of Civilizations?" Foreign Affairs Vol. 72, No. 3
(Summer 1993): 22.
Lewis, Bernard. "The Roots of Muslim Rage." The Atalantic Monthly (September 1990):
Said, Edward W. "The Clash of Ignorance," The Nation 273 (October 22, 2001): 11.
Zakaria, Fareed. "Why Do They Hate Us?" Understanding the War on Terror Eds. James
F. Hoge, Jr. and Gideon Rose. New York: Foreign Affairs, 2005: 116-133.